Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
Wick

Default Auction find the other day

This has not been the best year for Auctions with Model A or T parts. Friday evening my friend Brian called with a tip on a auction near farmville Va. Listed in the local paper,there would be some parts therehe felt.
Well it was worth the trip,just 40 miles from my Moms house so I was able to stop for a visit,then hit the Auction.
Heres my Ames Horn I bought and a N.O.S. T rim.
Wick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0729121521[1].jpg (72.5 KB, 59 views)
Wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
[email protected]

Default Re: Auction find the other day

Depends on the auction. Just the other Sunday of last week there was an auction of all items from Gordon Williams who restored Model T's in Harvard, IL. Tools, fixtures, shelves, Model T engines, frames, radiators, Ford diesel truck and Well Fargo enclosed trailer, and on and on. In my opinion everything was going cheap but maybe it wasn't promoted properly and not a huge crowd. The auctioneer was selling entire shelf sections loaded up with Model T parts and they were going for less money then when he sold the shelf unit itself without the contents. Bulk of the stuff bought by 4 or 5 guys and a lot of old Model T guys watching the auction. A few Model A items that were lumped in there as well. I bought a nice unrestored Simmons carburetor that is all there.
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
oliverguy

Pretty much all the auctions now are from collectors that horded huges amounts of stuff. When they die it gets passed onto someone else. Maybe in two more generations it will actually be put on a car. I see very few farm auctions now where someone actually used or farmed with the stuff. I think those orginal guys died 20 years ago and I"m not even 40. I'm glad I got to see those auctions when I was a kid. Unfortunately my kids will never see those type of old auctions which had model t parts, horsedrawn farm equipment etc "in the rough".
oliverguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
[email protected]

Felt sad for Gordon's widow who needs the money. I am sure she had some dissappointments on what certain "prized" items went for.

This was actually her second auction as she stopped the first one in early June as things were just going way too cheap. She changed auctioneers and rescheduled it. Maybe it was better this time?
modela@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote