Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
KGS

Default The Race Of Gentlemen

From Wildwood NJ, and may be flathead related.
https://vimeo.com/113518729
KGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
zzlegend

Default Re: The Race Of Gentlemen

Now that's what I am talking about. Perfect. Thanks for posting.
zzlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Tony, NY

I'm going this year, Oct 2,3 &4. Already have my room. For you Facebook guys
https://www.facebook.com/OilersCCRaceOfGentlemen
Tony, NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:40 PM   #4
1931 flamingo

If I remember correctly (??), there were write-ups in both last months issues of Hot Rod and Street Rodder.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:29 AM   #5
adileo

I have never attend this event. It looks like this year their planning on having it June 4-5th.

I also see tickets are $50 for the weekend. I assume that's to get you on the beach to watch the race - true?

The other question I have is, I'm thinking of taking my 39 down (not to race). How is parking - do they have accommodations or an area for classics not in the race?

Or do you advise to leave it home and take modern car down?
adileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #6
MuskegonFlatheadFan

The "Customs by the Sea" show happens the same weekend. I can't wait.
http://www.customsbythesea.com/
MuskegonFlatheadFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:49 AM   #7
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adileo View Post
I have never attend this event. It looks like this year their planning on having it June 4-5th.

I also see tickets are $50 for the weekend. I assume that's to get you on the beach to watch the race - true?

The other question I have is, I'm thinking of taking my 39 down (not to race). How is parking - do they have accommodations or an area for classics not in the race?

I am also planning to attend this year's TROG on June 4th and 5th. Have missed the last two years because of other commitments. Glad they moved it to June, probably to miss hurricane season.
All of your questions are mine as well. We have some Fordbarn members who are also member's of the Oiler's, so maybe they will post some of the answers to these questions.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-07-2016 at 12:31 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:18 PM   #8
expavr

Any news on the West Coast TROG meeting at Pismo? I heard it was being planned.
expavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #9
jerseyboy

Here's the link to their site:
http://www.theraceofgentlemen.com/
I went to the first two and had a great time!

Keep V-8ing and 4-banging!
Hooked up on it now.
I tried to hook another
To see if I'd do a little good,
But ain't no place to put it
'Less I perforate the hood.

Wanted, lower side sections of 32 radiator cowl.
jerseyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:53 PM   #10
adileo

Quote:
Originally Posted by adileo View Post

Thanks I've been to the site but it doesn't have the info I'm looking for above.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:49 PM   #11
Jason in TX

Hello! I'm a member of the Oilers Car Club. First of all, thanks for posting the video! (That's me at 0:12 seconds into the video above.)

The June 4th-5th event is in Wildwood NJ, like the past events. The $50 is an all weekend pass that gets you access to the Friday night Chopper party, with music and bikes. It looks like the bike party will be taking place a block or two away from where it has been in the past in an all new better location!

Saturday is when the racing starts. Racers must be pre-qualified and there will only be about 100 racers. This is just about the most people we can fit in the pits and have time to pair up for individual runs. That means to participate in the driving on the beach, you need to get your submission in soon to secure a spot.

Saturday night, there is a huge party on the beach with live music, circus tents, beer vendors, vintage lighting and a massive bonfire. Its really wonderful end to a great day of racing.

Sunday will be bracket racing. It's an opportunity to pair up the best of the best with trophies awarded to the winning cars and bikes in the late afternoon.

Start times each day are dependent on the tide tables. We start when the tide is going out, and we quit when the tide has almost covered the entire track.

To park your 39 in the classic car section right outside the fenced in beach spectator area, please consider registering it with the http://customsbythesea.com/ website. Review their rules to see if you think your vehicle is a fit.

There is lots of parking near the beach entries, and it's great to have your old car with you in the area, the evening events, etc. I think no matter what, having your old car with you at an event like this would enhance the experience.

This is our first year at Pismo, and we plan to have a few different fun events up our sleeves. It will be a "first time" kind of experience at Pismo, so we will see what happens. We really have no idea what to expect, but you can guarantee that the feel and spirit of fun will match the success of the Wildwood events because of all the great people participating!

Ultimately, we are working hard to make an overall visual experience that attempts to transport you back in time. We really try hard to hand pick vehicles, decorations, vendors, etc that are authentic to a time in the past. We love all the old cars, but can only physically accommodate what we can accommodate, but I guarantee you will love what you see!

I look forward to seeing everyone there and saying hello! Now for another great video!

Last edited by Jason in TX; 03-07-2016 at 02:15 PM.
Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:53 PM   #12
petehoovie

I'm going just to see the 'Flag Babe' up close....

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #13
Jason in TX

Oh, and don't forget to see the new episode of "Americarna" on the Velocity network, this Thursday, March 10th at 9:00 p.m. EST for a great episode filmed at last October's The Race of Gentlemen. It will be a good one!

Jason in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:19 PM   #14
adileo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason in TX View Post
Hello! I'm a member of the Oilers Car Club. First of all, thanks for posting the video! (That's me at 0:12 seconds into the video above.)

The June 4th-5th event is in Wildwood NJ, like the past events. The $50 is an all weekend pass that gets you access to the Friday night Chopper party, with music and bikes. It looks like the bike party will be taking place a block or two away from where it has been in the past in an all new better location!

Saturday is when the racing starts. Racers must be pre-qualified and there will only be about 100 racers. This is just about the most people we can fit in the pits and have time to pair up for individual runs. That means to participate in the driving on the beach, you need to get your submission in soon to secure a spot.

Saturday night, there is a huge party on the beach with live music, circus tents, beer vendors, vintage lighting and a massive bonfire. Its really wonderful end to a great day of racing.

Sunday will be bracket racing. It's an opportunity to pair up the best of the best with trophies awarded to the winning cars and bikes in the late afternoon.

Start times each day are dependent on the tide tables. We start when the tide is going out, and we quit when the tide has almost covered the entire track.

To park your 39 in the classic car section right outside the fenced in beach spectator area, please consider registering it with the http://customsbythesea.com/ website. Review their rules to see if you think your vehicle is a fit.

There is lots of parking near the beach entries, and it's great to have your old car with you in the area, the evening events, etc. I think no matter what, having your old car with you at an event like this would enhance the experience.

This is our first year at Pismo, and we plan to have a few different fun events up our sleeves. It will be a "first time" kind of experience at Pismo, so we will see what happens. We really have no idea what to expect, but you can guarantee that the feel and spirit of fun will match the success of the Wildwood events because of all the great people participating!

Ultimately, we are working hard to make an overall visual experience that attempts to transport you back in time. We really try hard to hand pick vehicles, decorations, vendors, etc that are authentic to a time in the past. We love all the old cars, but can only physically accommodate what we can accommodate, but I guarantee you will love what you see!

I look forward to seeing everyone there and saying hello! Now for another great video!

Dave

Thanks that's exactly what I needed. I sent my email in for approval.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #15
JM 35 Sedan

Jason, thanks for posting all that info, sounds great to me.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #16
Walt Dupont--Me.

I've heard that the rules for race cars are not later than 1934, and engine not later than 1953. Does that mean the engine has to match car? Or can you use say 1952 Olds in a 32 Ford? Walt
Walt Dupont--Me. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:38 AM   #17
Graeme / New Zealand

Thanks for posting I enjoyed that. Anyone know the name of the artist and song that was played during the clip?

GB

"You're a long time looking at the lid"
Graeme / New Zealand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:44 AM   #18
40 Deluxe

Are there any decent videos of this event? The ones posted here are all chopped up and with crappy musical sound tracks! Why not let the engines provide the music, show some complete races, and have longer than 1/2 second close-ups of the cars, bikes and engines?
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:23 AM   #19
30-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
Are there any decent videos of this event? The ones posted here are all chopped up and with crappy musical sound tracks! Why not let the engines provide the music, show some complete races, and have longer than 1/2 second close-ups of the cars, bikes and engines?

Thank the good Lord, you have no say in the production of TV commercials.....
Old 03-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #20
flatford8

There are many videos on Youtube....... Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote