Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
david801

Default Need pics of Copra Drab/Seal Brown

Hello, can you share a picture or two of your car with Copra Drab lower body and Seal Brown upper?
Also looking for pictures of Bramble Bown lower and Thorne Brown upper.
I am still trying to decide on a color for my 1928 Fordor leatherback. I am not locked in to the 1928 colors.
Thanks for your help!!
david801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
wrndln

Default Re: Need pics of Copra Drab/Seal Brown

It seems like there are two Copra Drab colors other there. I had a bad experience with them a few years ago on my 28 coupe. PPG's Concept is a grayish color and Dupont's ChromaPremier is a brownish color like the chip in the paint booklet. I bought the PPG Copra Drab first and painted my windshield frame with it. I couldn't tell the difference from the Arabian Sand Dark on the main part of the body and the Copra Drab on the windshield. The windshield should have been the accent color, but it look extremely close to Arabian Sand Dark - a shade of gray. I went back to the paint store and they mixed up some Dupont ChromaPremier Copra Drab. We compared the two paints - big difference. I called PPG's paint headquarters and basically they said that is what it is - tough! So much for PPG being customer friendly. Obviously they don't care much about the hobbyist. BTW, I also had a problem with PPG's Bonnie Gray. It was straight gray verses Dupont's gray with a greenish tint to it like the chip in the paint book.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
cp5491r

Probably doesn't help but here's Copra Drab with Chicle Drab. Chicle Drab is on the upper body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0081.jpg (66.9 KB, 127 views)
cp5491r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
david801

cp5491r thanks for the replay and picture, that is a very nice car and color combination. I think that would look nice on my car too.

wrndln do you have a picture of that Coupe you were talking about?
david801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Aok

Here is my coupe chicle/copra combination. It was painted before I purchased it not sure but it may be the ppg style as it looks more gray then brown. I touched up a few spots with paint from tower they sell it in spray cans it matched well but again not sure which blend.

Aok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
cp5491r

This is a twin to my coupe. Although my avitar is of poor quality, you can see it in the forefront. Lots of compliments on the color combination.
cp5491r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
TonyM

Always liked the Chicle/Copra combination.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #8
wrndln

David801,
On a 28 model A, only the trim and windshield frame are painted Copra Drab. I can try to take a picture of the windshield or beltrail, but it wouldn't be like a body that has a lot of Copra Drab. Many times photos don't show the color very well. If you have the paint book - Model A Ford Paint & Finish Guide, the Dupont color is just like the color chip. If you do want a picture of my trim, let me know. Like I said, PPG is not like the chip in the paint book. What I do now, after the PPG debacle, is have my paint supplier mix up a 1/2 pt of paint to check if it is correct before I buy larger amounts of paint.

BTW, my Copra Drab does NOT look like the coupe in the picture above. It looks like it was painted with the PPG color. The coupe looks nice, but not like the color chip in the paint book.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote