Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-16-2016, 08:23 AM   #181
Scott H in Wheaton

Default Re: picked up a 1935 pickup project

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnnone51 View Post
Just went threw the whole thread. And Wow what a great job bringing back my favorite Truck . I have always been on the hunt for one, price of these rigs are above my pay grade.Not giving up yet. Hated to hear getting torn apart the truck was perfect. Again you did a outstanding job!!
You can do it!
I started with a $2000 purchase of a mostly complete pile of rusted junk advertised as a truck. Over the course of 6 years it is gradually turning into what I envisioned it could be. By the time I'm done I will probably have more into it than what I could have bought a finished one for. But I don't have the disposable income to make a purchase like that. What I do have is the ability to chip away at it over time with a few hundred dollars here and there plus a lot of sweat equity.
Scott H in Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 09:04 AM   #182
stovebolt

You did an outstanding job preserving the look of a working truck. How sad that the current owner didn't appreciate that. There are way too many restored and over-restored cars and trucks. They never left the factory looking that way.
stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 11-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #183
barnnone51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H in Wheaton View Post
You can do it!
I started with a $2000 purchase of a mostly complete pile of rusted junk advertised as a truck. Over the course of 6 years it is gradually turning into what I envisioned it could be. By the time I'm done I will probably have more into it than what I could have bought a finished one for. But I don't have the disposable income to make a purchase like that. What I do have is the ability to chip away at it over time with a few hundred dollars here and there plus a lot of sweat equity.
Thanks for the encouragement. I have my F1 and Model A .don't want to sell to them to finance a 35-36. But Iam still looking never know what might turn up. I got 4 Flathead motors at the ready.. LOL George
barnnone51 is offline   Reply With Quote