Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-21-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Merc Cruzer

Default Redmond electric motor numbers

The electric motors (windows, seat, top and heater fan) in my 53' Merc convertible were all made by Redmond (as I would guess most Fords and Mercurys from the 40's to the early 70's). I am trying to put together at least one set of all origional motors for the car. I can pull numbers off of all except the top and heater fan. Would anyone have the "Redmond" numbers for those motors? I have attached a picture of one of the window motors showing the Redmond marking and numbers for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0837.jpg (53.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Merc Cruzer; 01-22-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Dec211975

Default Re: Redmond electric motor numbers

Although not what you asked for here is a listing of ford blower motors using the ford part # from Hemmings http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/...feature27.html

When I worked in Aircraft we rewound quite a few Redmond motors as they were also used in aircraft to power Weldon fuel pumps. If you need a motor rewound I could talk to my former employer about it, but being an Aircraft repair station it would be fairly expensive.

Roy,
Did you get that brush holder from Studebaker International and was it a match to what you needed?
Regards,

Brian

Last edited by Dec211975; 01-21-2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: wording
Dec211975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
Merc Cruzer

Default Re: Redmond electric motor numbers

Dec11975:

Not only got them but installed them on one of the motors. The only issue is that the original bushes are larger than the ones the holders come with so you have to file the tops of the original brushes to fit the holder. If you are replacing the brushes at the same tile, then no issue. I tried to see if the holders would expand to fit the brush and now I have a half of a set less. The holders are NOS so they are brittle. Tried to see if steam and boiling water would help but determined they are thermo set plastic.

Thanks again,

Roy
Merc Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote