Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
Ford56

Default Pic of my smashed 56 Fairlane Club Sedan

This is what Florence did to my 56 Club Sedan that I'd had for 35 years.

Last edited by Ford56; 10-07-2018 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Delete; the picture didn't copy over.
Ford56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:14 PM   #2
Ford56

Default Re: Pic of my smashed 56 Fairlane Club Sedan

[IMG]IMG_0256.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Ford56; 10-07-2018 at 08:15 PM. Reason: still not pasting into the post. I give up. Delete the thread please.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:05 PM   #3
paul2748

Put the picture on your computer and then to this site
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:07 AM   #4
Ford56

Thumbs up Re: Pic of my smashed 56 Fairlane Club Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul2748 View Post
Put the picture on your computer and then to this site
Thx, but I've done that. It is on the laptop, and when I hit copy all is good, but when I hit paste, it won't. I've tried several different approaches, and I can't find the right combination. When I have more time, I'll figure it out.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:19 AM   #5
54vicky

post your OS and I am sure someone will walk you through it.I had a hell of a time with win 10 compared to my older systems on one site others no problem.
54vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:36 AM   #6
Daddio

I'd be interested in knowing how your insurance company has handled it. I hear a lot of talk about "act of God" escape clause, etc.

With climate change, Canada is now getting more frequent and violent tornadoes, so it's something to be aware of.

BTW Happy Thanksgiving Canucks !!
Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #7
Ford56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
I'd be interested in knowing how your insurance company has handled it. I hear a lot of talk about "act of God" escape clause, etc.

With climate change, Canada is now getting more frequent and violent tornadoes, so it's something to be aware of.

BTW Happy Thanksgiving Canucks !!
Well, so far, my insurance company has told me to send them the title, which I've done, and they then will send me a check for the agreed value, so there's that at least. No discussion about Act Of God escape clause.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:41 PM   #8
paul2748

If you have Microsoft, this is how you post a picture (Don't know how for Apple if different)

1. Go to reply
2.Click on Manage Attachments
3. Click on the top browse
4. Find your pic on your computer-click on it-then click on open-picture title will show up next to the work Browse (you can add more pictures by clicking on the second, third, etc Browse

5. Click on Upload -picture title will be shown under Attach Files
6. Click on Close this Window
Click on Submit Reply
Old 10-08-2018, 10:44 PM   #9
KULTULZ

Question Re: Pic of my smashed 56 Fairlane Club Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford56 View Post

...my insurance company has told me to send them the title, which I've done, and they then will send me a check for the agreed value, so there's that at least. No discussion about Act Of God escape clause.
Is there anything salvageable on the damaged car? You might ask if you can buy back for salvage value.

- WHY IS IT ... -

... that everything you buy in the grocery store is either wrapped in or contained in plastic but the government doesn't want you to carry it out in a plastic bag?

WONDERING IN W(BY GOD)V ...

DIAGNOSED CDO - (OCD In Correct Alphabetical Order)
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:11 AM   #10
Daddio

Sounds like your insurance company is going to come thru. That's great, you don't need any more angst than you already experienced. Good luck!!

Further to the picture post, there is a size limit. I'm not sure if there is or what type of error message is displayed if you exceed it.
Daddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #11
Ford56

Quote:
If you have Microsoft, this is how you post a picture (Don't know how for Apple if different)

1. Go to reply
2.Click on Manage Attachments
3. Click on the top browse
4. Find your pic on your computer-click on it-then click on open-picture title will show up next to the work Browse (you can add more pictures by clicking on the second, third, etc Browse

5. Click on Upload -picture title will be shown under Attach Files
6. Click on Close this Window
Click on Submit Reply
Yup, I've been doing all that you've outlined. The problem is that I get a message that the file failed to upload. I've tried several approaches, even different pictures, all with the failed to upload message. Its frustrating because the pictures are on my laptop, and I can clearly see where they are, but, they won't upload, and no reason is given. Thanks for the guidance anyway.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #12
dmsfrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford56 View Post
Yup, I've been doing all that you've outlined. The problem is that I get a message that the file failed to upload. I've tried several approaches, even different pictures, all with the failed to upload message. Its frustrating because the pictures are on my laptop, and I can clearly see where they are, but, they won't upload, and no reason is given. Thanks for the guidance anyway.
In your computer when the cursor is placed over a (thumbnail) photo an info box comes up with the image type, date, dimensions and 'file size'.
Using the 'attach photos' procedure you outlined, if the file size is 2mb or larger I've had NO luck posting them as an "attachment". I get an upload failure every time.

There could be basic image editing software in your laptop. If you right-click on a thumbnail image you should see 'edit' or 'open with' as options in the menu that comes up.
Under 'open with' there may be "Paint", I use it to add text or circles & arrows to photos AND you can 'resize' a photo to just under 2mb so the FordBarn server will accept it. There is a bit of a learning curve that can take time to become easier.
The 'Edit' function may do re-sizing as well, but I've not tried it.

There is an other option (somewhere) that allows you to put a full size photo directly into the body of a message, but someone else needs to explain that one.

If FordBarn could update something in their server to automatically resize photos as they are uploaded it would be so m
uch easier.

(edit)
Quote from a FordBarn FAQ...

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes.
Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected.
There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0

Last edited by dmsfrr; 10-12-2018 at 07:33 PM.
dmsfrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:30 PM   #13
Jwawhite

Regrets to hear about the loss, the numbers of Oldies must be preserved!
Jwawhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #14
dmsfrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
Is there anything salvageable on the damaged car? You might ask if you can buy back for salvage value.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwawhite View Post
Regrets to hear about the loss, the numbers of Oldies must be preserved!
If you want to and have the option, you'd have lots of spare parts.

Last edited by dmsfrr; 10-09-2018 at 12:58 PM.
dmsfrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:55 PM   #15
L5wolvesf

Sorry to hear this my condolences. Is it the one in your avatar? Any chance you can save it?
L5wolvesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:13 PM   #16
Ford56

Quote:
Originally Posted by L5wolvesf View Post
Sorry to hear this my condolences. Is it the one in your avatar? Any chance you can save it?
No, the one in the avatar is the replacement for the one smashed by Florence. I tried several different body men/shops, and no one would touch it. It could be done, sure, just buy a donor car, cut off both roofs, weld the donor car roof on, switch out the doors and trunk and all windows, get a new interior, and pound out the fender and chrome pieces, and then it would be good to go. However, the cost invested would be 3 times the value of the original car, and it would still be only a Club Sedan. Although I really liked that car, obviously having kept it for 35 years, it seem prudent to buy another one already done, and move on. The one I bought is actually an "upgrade" since its a Victoria, and has many other convenience add ons (like power disc brakes, power steering, larger radiator, and automatic transmission) and is the exact same color combo I had (red & white).
Old 10-09-2018, 04:15 PM   #17
Ford56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post
If you want to and have the option, you'd have lots of spare parts.

Yes, there are lots of salvageable parts: almost all chrome, complete front end, engine & transmission, all lights & lenses, wheels & practically new wide white wall tires, all emblems, etc.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #18
Ford56

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post
In your computer when the cursor is placed over a (thumbnail) photo an info box comes up with the image type, date, dimensions and 'file size'.
Using the 'attach photos' procedure you outlined, if the file size is 2mb or larger I've had NO luck posting them as an "attachment". I get an upload failure every time.

There could be basic image editing software in your laptop. If you right-click on a thumbnail image you should see 'edit' or 'open with' as options in the menu that comes up.
Under 'open with' there may be "Paint", I use it to add text or circles & arrows to photos AND you can 'resize' a photo to just under 2mb so the FordBarn server will accept it. There is a bit of a learning curve that can take time to become easier.
The 'Edit' function may do re-sizing as well, but I've not tried it.

There is an other option (somewhere) that allows you to put a full size photo directly into the body of a message, but someone else needs to explain that one.

If FordBarn could update something in their server to automatically resize photos as they are uploaded it would be so m
uch easier.

(edit)
Quote from a FordBarn FAQ...

How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.
On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.
To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.
Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.
What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?
In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.
How do I add an image to a post?
If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/faq.p...l&titlesonly=0
I think you are on to something here. Going to the file size, I determined it is 4.9MB, way too big for the 2 MB limit the Ford Barn can handle. I tried to down size it and although it did down size to under the 2 MB limit, and I saved it, when I go to upload it, it still reverts back to the previous size, and won't upload. I think we're getting closer to a solution here, and I'll keep trying various approaches. The pictures are worth it.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:13 PM   #19
paul2748

If you can send me the pic in an email, I will try to post it

pts1231 at verizon dot net
Old 10-10-2018, 06:37 AM   #20
Ford56

Thumbs up Re: Pic of my smashed 56 Fairlane Club Sedan

Quote:
If you can send me the pic in an email, I will try to post it

pts1231 at verizon dot net
Thank you for your offer. I've just now emailed to you 3 pix. Hopefully, you'll have more success than I've had in posting.