Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
Ed in Maine

Default Follow up to Registration Woes

First I want to apologize to the Ford Barn for the confusion I created on this thread. I forgot that my handle is "Ed in Maine." The truth is "Ed" is in Florida because I am avoiding all the cold and snow in Downeast Maine. Today I was successful in getting my plates for my new 1931 Victoria. In Florida, as a matter of procedure, the DMV sends an agent to your house to inspect your Vin number and the indicated mileage. You don't have to get a temporary plate. How civilized is that? In my case, the Vin number on the car did not match an out of state title. That requires I sign a form entitled "Affidavit For Change of Motor" (For a Motor Vehicle Manufactured Prior to 1955). The whole situation was cleared up in no time! I have been to our local DMV several times and every time it has been a rewarding experience. Tomorrow I plan to go back to the sellers house and drive the car home (35 miles). it will be a little scary because I don't know the car but I will have my tools with me. I am embarrassed to make this statement when I remember a few months ago a fellow barner drove a newly purchased pickup truck from the West coast to Michigan! Thank you for all your help and comments, Ed
Ed in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote