Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-17-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
jg61hawk

Default Coronavirus vs "A" Drive

I'll be honest, slightly concerned, worried, and like most upset at the world events. Took the A for ride and I am able to see the Atlantic Ocean. Stopped, walked, breathed and thought and prayed. Came home. Relaxed at least 80%. Good old fashioned advice.
jg61hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:24 PM   #2
old31

Default Re: Coronavirus vs "A" Drive

I am also concerned. But more than slightly.

Sounds like what you did was good for the head and soul.
old31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:08 PM   #3
Mike the Grump

Left the house and went to the market a bit ago. It's weird out there. Been a couple three weeks. Feel like I should shower and burn my clothes. Do I need to quarantine the new food away from the old food?
Mike the Grump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:53 AM   #4
Badpuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg61hawk View Post
I'll be honest, slightly concerned, worried, and like most upset at the world events. Took the A for ride and I am able to see the Atlantic Ocean. Stopped, walked, breathed and thought and prayed. Came home. Relaxed at least 80%. Good old fashioned advice.
Salt water, sea air, sand and warm sunshine cures most everything.
Badpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:15 AM   #5
ryanheacox

I think that's about the best thing you can do at a time like this. Stay safe out there everybody.
ryanheacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 09:38 AM   #6
dean from bozeman

It's a good time to work on and enjoy your Model A.

Remember, 'Act as if you might be carrying the virus'. It'll help make you and those you love safer.
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
DBrer

The Model A is definitely a vector from all of this for me.
DBrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:25 PM   #8
1931 flamingo

How many people have died this year from the flu?? And no one cares, hasn't been mentioned anywhere. The people that have passed were going to anyway. JMO
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 07:56 AM   #9
old31

"The people that have passed were going to anyway"

HUH, WHAT, SAY WHAT!
Old 03-19-2020, 08:14 AM   #10
jhowes

I expect to pass anytime now but I wanted to finish the interior and paint my A first. Jack
jhowes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:26 AM   #11
katy

Stay away from Corona beer.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #12
JayJay

Well, here in the SF Bay Area we're under a "shelter in place" order from the county health departments. Work from home is OK, only stores open are "essential" (e.g., grocery, pharmacy, restaurants for take-away only, etc.) Folks who can't work from home are hurting. People are out walking and jogging, but very little driving. And I suspect that driving a Model A might be sheriff bait since the only driving is supposed to be for "essential" activities. So I've taken this opportunity to catch up on a bit of delayed work, but put off driving about until the SIP order expires. Which will be April 7 unless it gets extended.

The virus is real, folks. It's only a matter of time until what we, Seattle and upstate New York are experiencing gets to you. And the only way we can slow down the spread is by keeping away from each other, and the SIP order is designed to do just that. Granted, a solo drive in your A isn't doing much to spread the virus, but I''d rather not have to explain to that friendly gendarme why I'm doing so.

Keep healthy.

JayJay
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:39 PM   #13
al's28/33

JayJay, I am just down the road from you. What an eeeeerie feeling, no traffic on the 101. It's only been 4 days and my children are bouncing off the walls. I have an 8 and 10 year old. Newson tonight is mandating the entire State now stay home. No end date posted yet. I have relatives in Italy and France and they are scared for their lives. This is real life folks, the best thing to do is isolate and wash your hands!!!!
al's28/33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:51 PM   #14
holdover

Yes people do die from the flu every year, but at the rate about 30-to 40 times less that of the Coronavirus. It is turning into a wildfire with cases going up more each day. Today in the USA it went up 3,654 from 11AM to 5PM, from 14437 to 18121. On 3-10-20 we had 959 total cases at 7PM, 10 days later we have 18121. Being in the at risk population I am concerned. The best thing we can do is avoid contact with other people, hugs and handshakes are out. Remember every public doorknob could be a source of infection. If you are out and about and stop somewhere and touch anything like a gas nozzle to fill up, do not put your hands next to your mouth or eat anything with your hands before you wash and disinfect them. Nitrile or vinyl gloves will help, but know how to remove them, before you touch the car door knob or steering wheel. If you are over 70 it could be deadly, especially if you have other medical conditions. Be Safe I enjoy reading all of your posts and want to be able to keep doing so.
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:25 PM   #15
Ruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo View Post
How many people have died this year from the flu?? And no one cares, hasn't been mentioned anywhere. The people that have passed were going to anyway. JMO
Paul in CT
Wow! That's pretty harsh.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:33 PM   #16
Y-Blockhead

Beach in Florida today...

Beach here in Redondo Beach, CA.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #17
Jeff P. / MN

The following words were written by Ryan Cochrane, owner of this and all the Ford Barn websites. Although written for the Jalopy Journal crowd, substitute “Model A” for Hot Rods and you will see it can apply.

“ I came into this week thinking the rest of the world was going to be forced to live like me for a few days and just stay home. As things have progressed and the reality of Covid-19 has set in, it’s starting to look a lot more like people are gonna be grounded for a month or so… if we are lucky. More likely, this thing will leave us isolated for a few months or more.
Last night at the dinner table, Tardel and I were thinking… Man, wouldn’t this be the perfect time for a good old fashion reliability run? Gas is cheap, there’s no traffic, and technically you wouldn’t be breaking any CDC guidelines if you didn’t feature any social stops. I mean, I don’t think it would be socially irresponsible – would it? This isn’t rhetorical – I am honestly curious.
This literally could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to do a traditional hot rod reliability run through downtown Austin, Manhattan, Chicago, LA, Houston, etc… The visuals would be nothing short of spectacular. I dunno man… We could be on to something.
Regardless, it looks like we are all down and out for a pretty good spell and I thought it might be cool to have a group brainstorm session of sorts. What do you plan on doing with your hot rod/custom life for the next few months? How are you gonna enjoy this thing of ours while avoiding that other thing? What could we do together without being together?
With isolation comes opportunity… Opportunity that we are likely never to see again in our lifetime (if we are lucky). Why not make an effort to make some lemonade?”
1948 Chrysler New Yorker
Jeff P. / MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 09:32 PM   #18
father-son

We took Annabelle out for a quick stretch, it was wonderful to just step back from all the media and enjoy the good old times when life was simpler.
father-son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:42 AM   #19
ronn

Paul in CT

Im with you Paul. 400 deaths from corona
80000 from the flu last year- not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where was all of the hysteria from the flu??????????????
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:48 AM   #20
ronn

ps Jay jay, you mention upstate NY? why? the deaths are in NYC

so much MIS information! A lady yesterday told me there are over 2000 deaths in the US from this. not even close to true and she is a college professor.

would be nice if the truth was reported, rather then hysteria.
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:53 AM   #21
DNLs1930

Drove my (unmamed yet) 1930 Coupe about 50 miles on Sunday and to be honest it was the most relaxing time I have had in a while. No social stops on this drive only a brief pause with some club members and while the occasion was somber the drive was really good.

One thing I noticed in both directions was people in their cars looking kinda down until they saw the car and then there were smiles, thumbs up and pictures taken...
SO I think we can actually inject a little happiness into our current world by providing a moment or two of distraction/ levity. The AAAOOOOGA and Wolf whistle always get smiles...
DNLs1930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 12:20 PM   #22
SSsssteamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowes View Post
I expect to pass anytime now but I wanted to finish the interior and paint my A first. Jack
LOL... Sounds just like me. I was told 20 months ago that I had only 6 or 8 months left to live, because I am going to die from my cancer.
I still have a couple of cars to finish before I am finished! To me, this Corona virus is just a minor problem. We all are mortal, and we all have an expiration date. What else is new?
SSsssteamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:21 AM   #23
P.S.

My Model As have been getting exercise.

I agree with Paul here. 10x more people get the flu every year and die from it, not a peep.

Because I'm a conservative, if I even mention this out loud, I get shouted down. Good to know there are some here who haven't totally lost their minds!
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:38 AM   #24
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
Paul in CT

Im with you Paul. 400 deaths from corona
80000 from the flu last year- not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where was all of the hysteria from the flu??????????????
Wake up! Death rates at only 2% (its running at 10% in Italy and 4% most other places) gives almost 2 million US deaths -This is not the flu !!
Old 03-29-2020, 01:51 AM   #25
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S. View Post
My Model As have been getting exercise.

I agree with Paul here. 10x more people get the flu every year and die from it, not a peep.

Because I'm a conservative, if I even mention this out loud, I get shouted down. Good to know there are some here who haven't totally lost their minds!
I'm sorry. in my opinion , you are wrong this is much worse the flu. More people will get this than the flu and many more people will die from it than the flu. You will probably disagree but my opinion is based on a medical degree and 33 years of clinical hospital and primary care medical practice and the current (within 24 hours ) worldwide medical literature. If I've totally lost my mind so has the entire international medical community .
Take it seriously your life may, and given our average age on this forum, probably does depend on it

Karl

Last edited by Karl; 03-29-2020 at 02:01 AM.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #26
30 Closed Cab PU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
I'm sorry. in my opinion , you are wrong this is much worse the flu. More people will get this than the flu and many more people will die from it than the flu. You will probably disagree but my opinion is based on a medical degree and 33 years of clinical hospital and primary care medical practice and the current (within 24 hours ) worldwide medical literature. If I've totally lost my mind so has the entire international medical community .
Take it seriously your life may, and given our average age on this forum, probably does depend on it

Karl
Karl,

Am curious since I have not seen/heard it discussed. With the Flu can you be a carrier before symptoms, and if so how does time being a flu carrier compare to being a carrier of Corona?

Thanks.

Last edited by 30 Closed Cab PU; 03-29-2020 at 08:07 AM.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:06 AM   #27
Richard323

I live near the ocean , it’s always not crowded here, but lately I’ve been leaving where there is nobody, and I wander along the coast for a long time, to be honest, my thoughts are not very joyful ...

Last edited by Richard323; 03-30-2020 at 03:12 AM.
Richard323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:45 AM   #28
30 Closed Cab PU

Richard323 - Welcome to the Barn. We would love to see some pics of your A, and a few details. Start a separate Post/String about yourself if you are OK with this.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #29
History

Just like global warming and everything else the media screeches about, they lie so much while pushing "ONE" agenda it's hard to believe anything any of them say. I know it's warmer than when I was a kid, I remember on day being in cow manure and mud up to my knees and before the sun went down I could walk on top of it because of the temperature drop, super rapid change. That being said, who knows why it's warmer, people or just a cycle. They've been caught in lies and Mr gore is such a hypocrite it's hard not to wonder.

I'm not doubting anything the virus but the media is part of the problem with people not taking it as serious, they continually screech/cry wolf.
History is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:26 AM   #30
al's28/33

It's a matter of common sense guys, keep hygiene essential and you wont catch the common cold, flu or this new one. The big hype is that there's no vaccine yet for this. At least Advil or Tylenol will help ease your pain with normal sickness. Restaurants, bars, theaters all shut down to help force us not to congregate in large crowds anyways.
And by all means, don't eat any wild animals to begin with!!!
al's28/33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #31
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Closed Cab PU View Post
Karl,

Am curious since I have not seen/heard it discussed. With the Flu can you be a carrier before symptoms, and if so how does time being a flu carrier compare to being a carrier of Corona?

Thanks.
The current thought as far as I am aware is that Coronavirus is droplet spread. Therefore main spread occurs when you are sneezing or coughing that is you are symptomatic However nothing is that simple and there is now some discussion re perhaps some communicability up to 48 hours before you have any symptoms -If this does occur it is thought to be at low rates. Corona is much more contagious than flu but don't have the comparisons to hand In Italy when every one got sick they all rushed to their Doctor and spread it in the waiting room . For that reason most of my consultations are now virtual . My whole country is in lock down currently but we are still working PM if I can help more - Karl
Old 03-29-2020, 07:21 PM   #32
stewwolfe

I'm one of those they who are most at risk, according to the talking heads (emphysema and asthma), so I'm not going to the store, or anywhere else. That said, my Roadster has been getting some mileage this week. I fill up at my own tank, don't stop anywhere, except stop signs and red lights, and have been enjoying the ride. The few people I see on the road have been smiling, waving, and honking (in a good way). At $.99 a gallon I'm going to enjoy my ride.

Got an email from my son today: Home schooling going well. Two students suspended for fighting. Teacher fired for drinking on the job.

Stay safe out there!
Old 03-30-2020, 02:59 AM   #33
Richard323

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Closed Cab PU View Post
Richard323 - Welcome to the Barn. We would love to see some pics of your A, and a few details. Start a separate Post/String about yourself if you are OK with this.
Yes, of course, now I’ll make out everything!
Richard323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #34
P.S.

Quote:

Karl

Hi Karl,

I value your opinion very much. Thank you!
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 01:28 PM   #35
JD 1931

I believe you are correct, this is going to get much worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JD 1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:25 PM   #36
mhsprecher

The biggest issues are lack of testing and overwhelming the medical system. Add to that the lack of protective gear and we have a first class mess on our hands. There are glimmers of hope that the distancing is helping, but it is too soon to know for sure.

I took one of my A's out last weekend. I have thought about taking it out for some essential tasks, but my wife doesn't even want to go to the grocery store. Probably a good idea.
1939 Deluxe Fordor
1945 pickup
1951 Custom convertible
mhsprecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 12:39 AM   #37
Synchro909

I don't want this to sound political - I know that's not allowed but politics and the Government's response to this thing are intertwined. Over here, we have had 24 deaths from the virus and our Government was onto it quicker than most. In the media today, we heard that the latest US toll is about 5,000. At that rate and on a per capita basis, you guys would have had less than 400 deaths if your Government had not sat on its hands for so long. From what we hear, the US is on track to at least match the death rate in Italy. You guys can't let your guard down for a moment so please don't.
BTW, Animal trials started here today on 2 vaccines aimed at the virus and a few days ago, scientists here found a compound that adheres to the surface of the virus and apparently stops it replicating inside a host cell. Even though there has never been an effective vaccine for any Corona Virus, let's hope one is found for this bug soon and we can all get back to living.
BTW again. I want shares in the company that is first into production with a cure or a vaccine.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:19 AM   #38
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
I don't want this to sound political - I know that's not allowed but politics and the Government's response to this thing are intertwined. Over here, we have had 24 deaths from the virus and our Government was onto it quicker than most. In the media today, we heard that the latest US toll is about 5,000. At that rate and on a per capita basis, you guys would have had less than 400 deaths if your Government had not sat on its hands for so long. From what we hear, the US is on track to at least match the death rate in Italy. You guys can't let your guard down for a moment so please don't.
BTW, Animal trials started here today on 2 vaccines aimed at the virus and a few days ago, scientists here found a compound that adheres to the surface of the virus and apparently stops it replicating inside a host cell. Even though there has never been an effective vaccine for any Corona Virus, let's hope one is found for this bug soon and we can all get back to living.
BTW again. I want shares in the company that is first into production with a cure or a vaccine.
New Zealand has had one death and we have over 700 cases. Its to early to see how effective our lock down is because after a week we are still seeing cases that were infected prior to the lock down.

I showed up at the Medical Centre for work 2 days ago and developed a sore throat and cough and headache as I was driving to work . I am now at home awaiting the COVID swab result -I would be astounded if it is positive as all my symptoms have gone . I have had contact with sick people but no one who fitted COVID criteria so if positive goodness knows where I got it from. If the swab is clear I will return to work tomorrow as I am needed.

The vaccine as you say is is already developed but needs to be tested to ensure is safe and I believe that is what takes the time. It's probably at least 12 months before we see a vaccine

In New Zealand there is also a shortage of swabs and based on Ministry of Health guidelines we have been rationing testing due to the shortage. Only to hear our Primeminister (who has actually done a pretty good job on this) criticise us for not doing enough swabs.

Stay safe -Karl
Old 04-02-2020, 02:27 AM   #39
Synchro909

Karl,Your Government has done very well on this. Your PM has my admiration for her actions and that is no comment on her politics. I know virtually nothing of NZ politics.
Old 04-02-2020, 01:56 PM   #40
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
Karl,Your Government has done very well on this. Your PM has my admiration for her actions and that is no comment on her politics. I know virtually nothing of NZ politics.
Yep her politics are not mine but she has done well. I guess politics are something for pre-COVID times now . We're all human beings just trying to get through this alive . My swab negative Thank God so back to work today to have another crack at getting it LOL

Karl
Old 04-02-2020, 05:54 PM   #41
denis4x4

Solo drive as there is no A that will allow 6’ of separation. Love the comments, if they stay up, some of the guys from that other site might come back!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D94879C6-ABDD-4DF2-AB22-49E2C7AC2849.jpg (36.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-02-2020, 11:56 PM   #42
Penthode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
ps Jay jay, you mention upstate NY? why? the deaths are in NYC

so much MIS information! A lady yesterday told me there are over 2000 deaths in the US from this. not even close to true and she is a college professor.

would be nice if the truth was reported, rather then hysteria.
As of April 2, the US death count is now over 6000 increasing now in hundreds of deaths per day. The pandemic is still accelerating.

COVID 19 is extremely contagious with a mortality rate of about 1.5%. This means as it eventually spreads and engulfs a third of the population (approx 100M) 1.5 million in the U.S. will likely succumb and die in the next 18 months. The Spanish Flu pandemic a hundred years ago will provide a good lesson where an estimated 100 million died worldwide in an era before rapid travel.

I do not want to sound like Mr Gloom and Doom. But this is deadly serious. You should carefully read the guidelines how to avoid contacting the virus and ensure you keep your distance. The worst aspect of COVID 19 when you have contracted it, it may take a week or two to even show symptoms. In that time if you mingle with others, you will infect them. So please be responsible during this period and stay safe!
Penthode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:31 AM   #43
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthode View Post
As of April 2, the US death count is now over 6000 increasing now in hundreds of deaths per day. The pandemic is still accelerating.

COVID 19 is extremely contagious with a mortality rate of about 1.5%. This means as it eventually spreads and engulfs a third of the population (approx 100M) 1.5 million in the U.S. will likely succumb and die in the next 18 months. The Spanish Flu pandemic a hundred years ago will provide a good lesson where an estimated 100 million died worldwide in an era before rapid travel.

I do not want to sound like Mr Gloom and Doom. But this is deadly serious. You should carefully read the guidelines how to avoid contacting the virus and ensure you keep your distance. The worst aspect of COVID 19 when you have contracted it, it may take a week or two to even show symptoms. In that time if you mingle with others, you will infect them. So please be responsible during this period and stay safe!
Yep you get it.
My gut feeling is that you actually have the death rate about right as well Italy has 10% Spain pushing that as well China says 4% (not sure how accurate that is but one would think they would under report rather than over report) other places 4% - However these are mortality rates in people with clinical symptoms - there are a lot more unknown who are asymptomatic or only mildly so -which reduces the true death rate

I have seen no evidence that the virus is spread greater than 48 hours prior to symptoms (although some get no symptoms-So you advice re not mingling is still appropriate ) In fact the evidence I saw thought spread was low put possible even in the 48 hours before symptoms. Makes sense really as it is droplet spread you need droplets (cough or sneeze) to really spread it effectively .

Stay safe

Karl
Old 04-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #44
old31

Pent, you said it well.

We all need to think doom and gloom and stop sugar coating this virus. Then maybe everyone, especially the young kids will treat it seriously.

My hat goes off to all the front line people who are helping us out with this "Chinese Virus".
Old 05-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #45
Doug in NJ

Last Saturday we took a drive from NJ to Manhattan. Up Route 1 to the Holland Tunnel, then up to 79th St, over the Triboro Bridge to Astoria in Queens, back to Manhattan, down 5th Avenue to Greenwich Village, and back home, with a brief stop in Jersey City. About 115 miles in total.

I had only one issue: on 5th Ave., the car started stalling and backfiring, so I pulled over, took off the lower half of the carb, confirmed that fuel would flow out the needle, put the carb back together, and after that it was fine.

Driving in Manhattan is a piece of cake these days, especially compared to Route 1 through Elizabeth and Linden in NJ...

Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manhattan.jpg (126.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 05-30-2020, 08:27 PM   #46
juanvaldez

Quote:
Yep you get it.
My gut feeling is that you actually have the death rate about right as well Italy has 10% Spain pushing that as well China says 4% (not sure how accurate that is but one would think they would under report rather than over report) other places 4% - However these are mortality rates in people with clinical symptoms - there are a lot more unknown who are asymptomatic or only mildly so -which reduces the true death rate

I have seen no evidence that the virus is spread greater than 48 hours prior to symptoms (although some get no symptoms-So you advice re not mingling is still appropriate ) In fact the evidence I saw thought spread was low put possible even in the 48 hours before symptoms. Makes sense really as it is droplet spread you need droplets (cough or sneeze) to really spread it effectively .

Stay safe

Karl
If you look at the Diamond Princess and USS Roosevelt, only 15 - 20% will likely get it even under the worst condition. Half of those will never even know they have it. On the Diamond Princess the median age of passengers was 69 and of those who were infected.
juanvaldez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:50 AM   #47
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanvaldez View Post
If you look at the Diamond Princess and USS Roosevelt, only 15 - 20% will likely get it even under the worst condition. Half of those will never even know they have it. On the Diamond Princess the median age of passengers was 69 and of those who were infected.
The median age on those ships probably are influenced but the age of us that cruise as well. Believe me plenty of young people have contracted and died from this virus . Young Doctors I worked with who returned home to Europe have died.

Being a medical practitioner has been scary but my country ( Population 5 million) seems to have gained control of the virus (for now). We have had 1503 cases but no new cases for 10 days and currently have only 1 active case who is not in hospital. We have had 22 deaths with over half those being related to one dementia unit cluster.

We have some geographic advantages being an island nation . However our economy ( a large part of which is Tourism based) has taken a hit with lockdown and closure of our borders. However our politicians argue that the hit would have been more if the virus gained a hold here and was present for some time - The jury is out currently - Please stay safe -Karl