Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-02-2018, 07:33 AM   #21
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: Model a link

Do not know about pricing, to me also seems high. But how may cars in that kind of shape do you see would be a consideration, would have to be the right person who wants a project

I find it interesting, is it possible it is an original unmolested car?

Not being familiar, is that the original or original style upholstery? Looks like cloth and vertically tufted.

My opinion

Hard to tell from the pictures, car looks straight, not full of dents/dings/rust through from what I can see. Glass that you can see is good, not cracked/damaged. To my untrained eye looks like everything is there. Looks like the front bumper hit something. can not identify, looks like things sitting on top of the back seat cushion.

I am sure it needs a lot of work from sitting, do the minimum, drive as is.
Have not been to a lot of shows/meets yet. But have noticed the unrestored minimally running cars seem to get a lot of attention. Everybody interested in the story behind the car, and wanting to give advice.

Then if desired and it is mostly surface rust, on body repaint. Seems a car like that would be too expensive to restore, but a good candidate to preserve. Would need to be owned by someone familiar with and likes to spend time working on As, ready for the job/hassle of bringing a car back from the dead and keeping it running. For the right person and price why not. Different strokes for different folks.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:36 PM   #22
1931flathead

Default Re: Model a link

the motor stuck been sitting for years
1931flathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)