Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-05-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
Oldbluoval

Default How quickly I forgot

Few years back I rattled off about answering “wanted ads” and never hearing from the one who posted. It was about 50-50 on yes/no on response
Well I responded again and no response.
Done
Oldbluoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:20 PM   #2
redmodelt

Default Re: How quickly I forgot

Could be they don't know how the system works, see how many post the seller has and how long on the forum. Even some members that have been on here for years don't understand the posting reply only by email or PM thing. Or just rude or it's been found and they don't understand how to or need to update the ad or....
Which ad are you looking at and does it have phone number, email or shown or in the menu? How old is the ad? If it's new that is one thing, but if it's months old they may have forgotten they even placed it. Or could be your price (without knowing what it is) maybe to far out of their range or don't want to pay shipping so they ignore it. If the reply was via an E-mail, they simply may not have gotten it or went to spam file.

Yes I have been there when selling but had to learn to let go and move on. If they don't reply in x amount of time, forget them. Life is too short anyway.

Last edited by redmodelt; 05-05-2020 at 01:36 PM.
redmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
McMimmcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldbluoval View Post
Few years back I rattled off about answering “wanted ads” and never hearing from the one who posted. It was about 50-50 on yes/no on response
Well I responded again and no response.
Done
I have had same experience buying and selling, everything including vehicles. Several times the same individual.
McMimmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
Will Ziegler in LI NY

Bill - I have had the same thing happen. I guess some people were never taught manners.

-Will
Will Ziegler in LI NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #5
John Dayhuff

I've bought and sold a lot of pinball machines over the past 24 years and I mean A LOT of pinball machines and if there is one thing I learned is that your reputation is everything and the moment you do something to disgrace it then the people don't want to deal with you anymore. If I didn't get a response I figured the person didn't want to buy/sell the game that badly after all. I always responded when someone contacted me, it was just the way I was brought up and I expected the same when I was doing the inquiring. Sadly many people didn't respond for whatever reasons but I never dwell on it and I just moved on to the next person, that's about all you can do really.