Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-19-2015, 09:03 PM   #221
Indiana A. Lover

Send a message via Yahoo to Indiana A. Lover
Default Re: carburetor 13/32 deep well socket

haag1332- Please put me on the list for a socket. Thank you for all your hard work. Hope you are feeling better! Don in Indiana.
Indiana A. Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #222
1955cj5

Could you also add me to the list, if there is still room?

Thanks,

Randy
Old 11-16-2015, 12:59 AM   #223
haag1332

Well Guys here we go.

Bill Haag senior was here to witness the finishing stages of the first 10 sockets in this first run on Saturday evening to prove the final production process of these sockets.

This has been one heck of a project with a lot of learning curves, but I have enjoyed every minute of it...............well for the most part, lol. It has been quite an undertaking making such a precision tool only to think back and realize it wasn't necessarily such a precision carb we are making this tool for, lol.

We started around 10pm and ran into a few issues, but did manage to finish the first 10 around 2am. This proved the process for the remaining 140 sockets in the first run.

Seems I will have to add a few more steps to the finishing of the sockets, but I am confident we have everything figured out and are ready to start shipping these somewhat slowly but surely.

Since this project started with my Father and his New York Car club, 8 of the first sockets were sent with him on Sunday to fill the orders for him and his club members. I would assume he and the members of his club will post their reviews of the sockets to this thread and let you all know what they think. I am pretty sure he will also express his discontent with me keeping him up so late demonstrating the hardening, decarb, polishing, and packaging process to finish these sockets for shipment.

I have everyone who expressed interest listed in order with the number of sockets they requested.

I will be setting up a paypal account and notifying you individually with regard to how to pay and begin shipping the sockets very shortly. Those of you who requested to pay by check, don't worry, I have that noted and will contact you with details how to do that as well.

Again, I have you all listed in order of interest and confirmation of such, and you will be contacted in that order, so don't worry, you will get your socket/s as they are finished.

I will actually be notifying everyone either through a pm on here or contact you through your email address listed on here.

For those of you who have expressed interest but have not yet been contacted by me and told you were "on the list", I will be in touch with you.

I know where I left off on here as well as the pm's I have been sent. I will be in contact with you as to wether or not I can fill your order on this first run, or if you will have to wait for a second run of these sockets.

Once again, if you were contacted by me and confirmed to be on the list, relax, you will get your socket/s lol. The new comers will be contacted in the next number of days.

At this point I have a lot of time capital, blood, sweat, and tears invested in this first run of sockets, but I have also made a lot of fixtures and such in order to make this process easier. I am pretty sure I will make another run of these sockets since there is quite an interest level, so if you newcomers don't make the first run, we will be able to take care of you on the second run. Again, I know where I left off with regard to new interest on this forum as well as pm's I have received. If you are new, I will be in touch with you at some point soon.

Hopefully everyone is well,

Haag 1332
haag1332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:26 AM   #224
CarlG

Great News!
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:38 AM   #225
1930marie

I would buy one!

Michael Chambers
541-753-4337
1930marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:44 AM   #226
1930marie

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Please add me to your list:

[email protected]

Michael Chambers
541-753-4337

Thank you!
Old 11-16-2015, 01:53 AM   #227
haag1332

Michael,

Thank you for your interest. I have not determined exactly how many will be left in the first run, and will let you and the others who have expressed interest know in the next number of days wether or not you can be added to the first run.

I have to fill the orders for the first interested parties then I will let all of the new interested parties where we stand.

Please understand most of these guys have been waiting for almost a year for me to perfect this process and bring this first batch of sockets to completion.

On the bright side, as I said, at this point I am planning to make a second run of these sockets.

Bill
Old 11-16-2015, 02:11 AM   #228
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

That is great news!!

I'm still in for mine (02-06-2015, 12:53 AM).

Last edited by Mike V. Florida; 11-16-2015 at 02:22 AM.
Mike V. Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #229
Ray in La Mesa

Still patiently waiting.
Ray in La Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:15 AM   #230
Mitch//pa
BANNED

i think i ordered 3 but who remembers

thanks for the periodic updates
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #231
fingers

Yes folks it was a real pleasent time to be in the shop working with my son putting the finishing touches on the first 10 sockets. I sure was tired but was really worth it. We got up Sunday morning and started the 200 mile trip home to New York. On Sunday night when I went to bed I put the sockets under my pillow and was ready for a good nights sleep. Then my wife came to bed and said what would I do if the "Socket Fairy" came during the night and took the sockets and left me some money. So I got up and locked the sockets in the safe. I sure hope the guys in my club and all of you Barners are as happy with your socket as I am with mine.

I would like to take this time to say THANK YOU son for taking on this project. Love, Dad
fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #232
Midwest Tin

Bill,

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the socket when ready.

Jim
Midwest Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:01 AM   #233
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
i think i ordered 3 but who remembers

thanks for the periodic updates
I know the feeling, I think I too requested several for other club members to save on shipping but I'm ready for any that come my way.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:49 AM   #234
1930marie

Bill,
Understood and all sounds fine. I have never minded waiting my turn in line! Besides quality products and good work take time.

Thank you for your kind response. I am looking forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Michael Chambers
Old 11-17-2015, 05:42 PM   #235
haag1332

Mike V and Mitch, don't worry I know how many you originally requested, lol. I will let you know when I email you.

Bill
Old 12-15-2015, 09:59 PM   #236
haag1332

Please try and keep the socket thread here. Makes it tuff to keep track of interested individuals when the thread gets split up

Bill
Old 12-15-2015, 10:01 PM   #237
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haag1332 View Post
Please try and keep the socket thread here. Makes it tuff to keep track of interested individuals when the thread gets split up

Bill
You can also post / attach a link from the other thread into a post here if you feel it's needed
Old 12-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #238
haag1332

you can do so if you like mitch, lol, I have no clue how to do any of that lol. Sorry
Old 12-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #239
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haag1332 View Post
you can do so if you like mitch, lol, I have no clue how to do any of that lol. Sorry
Okay here is a link to a related thread about the custom made GAV sockets::::
http://fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184769
Old 12-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #240
haag1332

I should add. I know a number of newcomers have expressed interest in the socket and would like to order one. I have not responded to some of you yet, but I know where I left off, and I will catch up to you folks once I know exactly where we stand on the first run. I need to complete the first run in order to determine how many are scrapped from the process then go from there to see how many more new orders can be filled on the first run, then determine who will have to be taken care of on a second run. Currently I have only scrapped 2 pieces, but there is still potential for more scrap in the all be it minor finishing stages at this point.

Bill