Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Honkey84

Default 1947 Ford pickup Truck/CLEAN TITLE

City: Geneseo(QUAD CITY AREA)
State: IL
Price: $2500

I have a 47 Ford truck that I'm looking to part ways with. The truck is originally from North Dakota, the previous owner to me bought the truck there and brought it back to Illinois some 25 years ago.

I have a clean Illinois title for this truck that is in my name.

Here is a run down on the truck.

The front grill has a had a run in with something, it bent the grill back and the front radiator apron. I have a replacement apron that will go with the truck. I think the front sheet metal is savable with some time and effort. I have an original front bumper to go with the truck(The one that is seen in the pics is from a VW bus). Also I have headlight buckets, the sheet metal that goes over the top of the radiator and some other odds and ends that will go with the truck.

I have most of the trim for the truck, minus the grill bars for the front end, there is a few on the truck, but it isn't complete.

The engine bay is in really good shape on this truck. Inner fenders are really in good shape, with just light surface rust. Firewall is in the same condition, just a lot of layers of paint over the years.

The cab is in ok condition. The roof is pretty well dent free. The front floors are toast and will need to be replaced. Under the seat, the floor is very solid with no rust through. Cab corner on the drivers side will need work, along with the driver door hinge. The passenger side is in very good shape. Solid cab corner, and door that opens and shuts freely in good shape also. The dash is in repairable condition, but I have a spare one that is free of holes and just needs to be sandblasted.

The Bed is about the worst of the truck, but not terrible. It will need a new floor. Lower patch panel on the bed sides where the floor meets the bed sides. Overall I think its savable but will require some work.

Fenders are overall in repairable shape. Front fender bottoms where they meet at the running boards are rotted. There are dents, bondo and other crap in the front and rears, but they can be fixed. Rear fender bottoms are intact.

Running boards on the truck are in ok shape. Where the mounts are there is some rust through, watch eBay for a junk set and make patches out them would be the best bet.

The truck is a roller. It has the transmission, but it will need attention. The rear end is there also.

I have a 1951 flat head truck motor that I will include with the sale of the truck. It is complete from oil pan to carb, and I have the fly wheel also. It will need to be rebuilt.

Any questions feel free to PM me or call 309-781-917two. Ask for Sean.
Email [email protected]

PICS COMING

Passenger inner fender

Driver inner fender

Driver cab corner

Driver front fender bottom

Passenger front fender bottom

Passenger rear fender front

MOAR!!!!!!!!

Passenger bed side front

Passenger cab corner

Passenger rear Fender

Driver rear fender

Last edited by Honkey84; 02-18-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Honkey84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
Honkey84

Default Re: 1947 Ford pickup Truck/CLEAN TITLE

Bump. You can also email me [email protected]
Honkey84 is offline   Reply With Quote