Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #21
Newc

Default Re: True barn find 1939 truck full build

Sorry; you're on the wrong site! Newc
Newc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:06 PM   #22
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatford8 View Post
I think the Jalopy Journal would be a better site for your work on this truck....Mark
Actually it wouldn't.
Mustang2 front end, 302 powerplant, airbags... All things not HAMB.
But I haven't been on in a long while.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #23
flatford8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
Actually it wouldn't.
Mustang2 front end, 302 powerplant, airbags... All things not HAMB.
But I haven't been on in a long while.
How many vehicles on this site have Mustang 2 f/e and air bags?..... Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #24
Mart

Holy sh*t I loved the as found pics. I was gutted when I saw what has been done to it.

And I'm a Hot Rodder.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #25
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatford8 View Post
How many vehicles on this site have Mustang 2 f/e and air bags?..... Mark
none... or they don't talk about it. It's still not hamb material unless the rules have changed.

Ive seen this truck on a few social media sites now. Lots of advertising.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:34 PM   #26
41LINC

Yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
41LINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:15 PM   #27
Blake84

Sorry you guys dont approve. I love classic cars and appreciate all aspects of them and totally respect the traditionalists.

Fortunatly, its my vehicle and I am building to my liking. I love to keep the vehicles I own as Original looking as possible on the exterior, body and interior. However, I like to drive my vehicles very long distances on the freeway and with todays technology in saftey and comfort. Im not hacking up any bodies and can always have the next guy throw the body on a frame and its right back to traditional. Not looking to start an argument over the fact my taste is different than yours. I personally think its awful to put leather captains chairs with center consols and weird flame paint jobs but if thats what the guy who owns the car wants thats fine by me. The rear end of the frame of my trunk had to be replaced due to excessive rot and rust over many years. Nothing on this truck worked and everything was beyond seized. If anything im putting a truck back on the road that had a rotten frame and no working parts. I am trying to keep the truck so if I raise the suspension to full height it appears to be a stock 1939 Ford Pickup and if you look in the cab it also appears to be original. Only thing is i updated a suspension and put a bigger heart in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1480300137094.jpg (74.5 KB, 41 views)
Blake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #28
Blake84

Here....I built this one all original suspension with a sids 3 inch drop axle and flipped the rear axle over leafs. I didnt cut Anything and its all traditional.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post_image4.jpg (17.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg post_image12.jpg (26.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg post_image11.jpg (18.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-20-2016, 11:43 PM   #29
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Nothing wrong with what you are wanting to do, it's just the place you are discussing it. This is a flathead site and is not geared to street rods. I have built and own street rods myself as have many other members on the Barn, but this is not the site to discuss them on. This is a flathead years restoration site that tolorates us traditional early Ford Hot Rodders. But street rods are a bit of a streach.

As far as drivability goes you will find many members on the Barn that drive their cars literally coast to coast!
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:47 AM   #30
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake84 View Post
Sorry you guys dont approve. I love classic cars and appreciate all aspects of them and totally respect the traditionalists.

Fortunatly, its my vehicle and I am building to my liking. I love to keep the vehicles I own as Original looking as possible on the exterior, body and interior. However, I like to drive my vehicles very long distances on the freeway and with todays technology in saftey and comfort. Im not hacking up any bodies and can always have the next guy throw the body on a frame and its right back to traditional. Not looking to start an argument over the fact my taste is different than yours. I personally think its awful to put leather captains chairs with center consols and weird flame paint jobs but if thats what the guy who owns the car wants thats fine by me. The rear end of the frame of my trunk had to be replaced due to excessive rot and rust over many years. Nothing on this truck worked and everything was beyond seized. If anything im putting a truck back on the road that had a rotten frame and no working parts. I am trying to keep the truck so if I raise the suspension to full height it appears to be a stock 1939 Ford Pickup and if you look in the cab it also appears to be original. Only thing is i updated a suspension and put a bigger heart in it.
Of course it is your vehicle, and you can do what you want with it, but don't expect most folks who post here on this forum to get real warm and excited about the direction you are going in with a nice surviving find like this appears to be.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:15 AM   #31
Blake84

I didn't know everyone was so sensitive I thought we all loved the hobby of classic cars. I don't know how to delete the thread or I would.

Sorry I am a drama free person and not into the whole

Ford vs Chevy (other than for a laugh)
2 door vs 4 door
long bed vs shortbed
hotrod vs kustom
traditional vs non traditional
air ride vs coils
etc etc etc

I just like cars, this is just ridiculous.

administrator delete this thread please so I don't have to deal with opinionated people
Old 12-21-2016, 02:28 AM   #32
cretin

You don't get it dude. You're just in the wrong place.
This site isn't about customizing cars, so don't be mad that you're in the wrong place and they aren't into it.
It's like going to a Chinese food place and being mad they won't serve you a pizza.
Go to a site that caters to custom cars and you'll be fine.
cretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:37 AM   #33
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake84 View Post
I didn't know everyone was so sensitive I thought we all loved the hobby of classic cars. I don't know how to delete the thread or I would.

I just like cars, this is just ridiculous.

administrator delete this thread please so I don't have to deal with opinionated people
You knew many folks on this forum would not be into the direction your project was taking when you said this in your second post "I decided on the plans for the 1939 Ford which some will not like"

If you really want to delete or shut down this thread, go to the "sticky" message at top of this page, and click on Ryans avatar so you can send him a PM or email requesting a deletion

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #34
jagnweiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cretin View Post
You don't get it dude. You're just in the wrong place.
Actually it's a little more than than that. If I were the OP, I wouldn't be offended by people telling me that my vehicle and posts about my vehicle don't meet the criteria of this forum. And he doesn't seem to be. But when people say things like "Yuck!!!!!!!!!!" and openly heap scorn on a poster and his vehicle, that's just rude and it's out of character with the automotive hobby (all aspects) that I love.

My policy if I don't find something to be my cup of tea is to keep my mouth closed.

To the OP, you're clearly a very talented builder. I wish you the best on this and future projects.

'47 Mercury Convertible
'25 Dodge Bros. Touring Car
'63 MG Midget
jagnweiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #35
Ol' Ron

I can't say I agree with everything you did to this truck, as I do some similer things to the old truck/cars. I like to improve safty and reliability. So I don't use the original transmissions or rear axles and brakes. I replace them with more modern units like the F-150 theree speed with OD and a spicer 44 rear with 3.73 gears and disk brakes. convert the front axle to disks as well. Sometimes the springs and shocks have to be replaced with some that improve the ride for those long distance trips. I deffinately keep the flathead. When I was younger, I'd install a hot cam and a whole bunch of other stuff, but now I keep them pretty stock, except for carb and distributor. I like better fuel economy as well. Doing it this way with junk yard parts keep s the cost down. I never do any body or paint work, as I can't afford it. People here on the Barn tolerate me, because I'm old and like to putz with these things.
Merry Christmas to all and be kind to those that are less fortunate than you.
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:57 AM   #36
TomT/Williamsburg

The folks on this forum are the most helpful people around when it comes to Flathead Ford cars. This is a forum however, that is limited to that subject. I have several projects that do not meet this criteria but try and only discuss here what does meet it. For example, I have a 40 pickup project that will not be running a flathead or any portion of its drivetrain and it will have an early 60s vibe of a shop truck or push truck. But the body and interior will remain stock so I will keep my discussion of that project to the body here on this forum.

I know this may seem a bit odd in that we are the Fordbarn but that is the way it is on this forum and we all try to adhere. Check out the JalopyJournal.com and see if a more traditional rod and custom themed site might not fit your project better. Be prepared for some biting remarks there as well but by and large there's a tremendous amount of knowledge there as well, probably more in keeping with your build than here ...
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:29 AM   #37
37 truck

I still enjoy seeing what other people do with their cars. We all have been modifying our vehicles in some way for years. A 1939 pickup that is reinvisioned with a stock body but new engine and drive train sounds interesting. The next owner might put a flathead back in.
37 truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #38
WRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil/WV View Post
Total destruction of a nice original truck!
It's a shame, no going back now.
WRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:28 AM   #39
Don W/Norfolk

Blake84,
I don't think anyone is calling your mother ugly. You've just not entered her in the right contest. Try Mrs. America instead of Miss America. dw
Old 12-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #40
Lanny

Ya, hate your next door neighbor,,,
But Don't Forget to Say Grace.......

or Merry Christmas.