Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-08-2019, 02:24 PM   #1
38bill

Default Mac's/Eckler

I know there has been a lot of negative feelings about the "new" Mac's so I thought I would post something positive. There may be hope or I just caught the right person at the right time.

I purchased one of those glass swirl shift knobs to replace one that I broke. Had it for 15 years but I think I over tightened it after I had it off. I went ahead and ordered new one through Walmart because with shipping it was much less. The knob came right away and looked good. Unfortunately the first 80 deg day parked in the sun (windows open) the thing cracked in half. Called customer service and the gal told me not to contact Walmart as they probably wouldn't do anything about it. She then told me that since it was under $30 she would just ship a new one to me no charge and to just toss the old one. 4 days later I have the new one in hand. Hard to beat that.
38bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:45 PM   #2
A bones

Default Re: Mac's/Eckler

Ha. So heat was to blame, not those power shifts.

Thanks for sharing a good experience.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #3
koates

First let me say that shipping costs from the USA to Australia are much more costly than internal USA shipping. Apart from that Macs have been pretty good with their service to me over the last thirty years or so. I bought a model B ford water pump off them a couple of years ago which had the incorrect taper angle on the shaft where the pulley fits on. They sent me another pump which was all good at no cost and did not want the other one back. I bought half a dozen 32-36 condensers from them and 3 of them leaked inside their sealed plastic bags even before use ,so I would not ever bother buying these type of condensers from them again, because I suspect these were China produced. So mostly Macs have been quite good in their service. I have had much worse service and parts from some private sellers on the net. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
JWL
Member Emeritus

I have done a significant level of business with Mac's and Mac's/Eckler and never had a problem. I admit less activity since Eckler's became involved but still no problems.
JWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 02:21 PM   #5
supereal

We buy Chevy parts from Eckler with no problems. It takes time to get the parts, and they tend to be expensive. All Ford parts come from C&G. Even though they are halfway across the country from us, they get here quickly. We stopped buying from Mac's due to poor quality parts. Perhaps the new owners will do better. We wish them well.
supereal is offline   Reply With Quote