Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
funrunr

Default Buyer beware

Buyers Beware
I had a horrible experience with a guy from Neon, Kentucky named Mitchell Arrowood aka Bo aka Falcon guy. He sent me pictures of a beautiful 63 grille that he said he only wanted $300 for. We spoke on the phone, exchanged text messages and lots of pics. He explained he doesnít normally ship parts so I mailed him a box with a return label so now Iím in for $355 total 2-21-19
Two weeks go by and now his wife has cancer and he canít ship for a week since her doctor is out of town. Iím sympathetic and agree to wait. I called 1 1/2 weeks later and he promised his wife shipped it, immediately catches himself lying and explains his daughter was supposed to ship it. I said I would have received notifications from post office as soon as the post office received it. I called his local police and they agree to pay him a visit. He begins to call me a Jehovah Witness ( I donít understand the connection) and I corrected him that Iím Catholic in which he says Iím protecting priest who rape children, this guy is probably on drugs.
I filed for a police report and he agrees to ship parts. Today I received a used and damaged grille. There is much more to his shenanigans and I have it all on text messages. Whatever you do, avoid this guy like the plague. Mitchell Arrowood is a crooked no good theiving bottom of the gutter piece of shit! His number is 1 (606) 634-6791 and his email is kyfalconsnest@yahoo.com
Avoid all dealing with this guy by all means.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
Alaska Jim

Default Re: Buyer beware

I hate people like him, sorry you got ripped off, hope the police can help you.
Alaska Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-22-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
LD-Ordie

Always hate to hear stories like this. There used to be a little honor among car dudes, Bikers, ect
LD-Ordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:22 AM   #4
JimNNN

Sorry to hear about the issues with this person. At least the police in his home town were able to put things in motion - that isn't common when doing business across state lines. Still, doesn't sound like the outcome that you wanted.

Nothing left to do but spread the word.
JimNNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:53 AM   #5
Ford56

Man o man, so sorry to read this. Thanks for posting his name and contact info so the rest of us can avoid him. What a POS.
Ford56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:10 PM   #6
Daves55Sedan

Personally, I've dealt with many individual '50's Ford guys over many decades who have all been nothing but honorable to me. Norbert Doll, Bob Burgess, Bill Martin, Ken Lyle, John Ohrt, Randy Cutlip and many more. I have even bought parts from race car driver Dale Nowack ('56 Ford Crown Vic funny car). Every one of these guys seemed to have a passion for the hobby. Of all these, there was only one who really didn't care about the hobby at all, to him, it was a business to make money (I won't name names, you probably know who I'm talkin about).
But these days, guys like your Mitch Arrowhead are a dime-a-dozen on E-pay.
I've had people come to my house from across the country to buy good used '50's Ford parts because they wanted to meet, negotiate a price while looking at the actual parts in person, and get a good deal. Everybody wins.
Dishonesty, trickery and deceit doesn't help anybody, because in the end, karma will defeat the cheater sevenfold.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:49 AM   #7
Jwawhite

Daves55Sedan, I guess that's about the best you could hope for, karma. At least that alleviates the pain. Years ago bought used fairing pieces for the wife's motor bike. A minor mishap that broke up the fiberglass. Just junk came in a box, eventually threw it out. Lesson learned? Buy what you can in person. We found a beautiful set about 50 miles from the home..at a reasonable price.
I've met two types of Ford part sellers, reasonable and attempted robbery. For the latter just walk away. Gonna miss Jim up in Chico, CA, entire business gone from the fires. A reasonable good man.
Jwawhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #8
funrunr

I do believe in Karma, this will eventually become a past memory, but it will definitely raise my guard. Unfortunately I have lost some trust that I’ve always given to people. I try to believe in trusting a person until proven wrong, I’m going to change that from here out.
Thanks for the comments and wisdom
Old 03-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #9
Jwawhite

I was a Claims Adj. For a bit. One day taking out my briefcase from the trunk, "Excuse me Sir"... turns out his truck broke down, needed a bit of money and a lift to the bus station....
A few weeks later I'm back at the same parking lot retrieving my briefcase once again I hear "Excuse me Sir"....
I told him he should never forget a "mark". This absolutely changed me.
Jwawhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:34 PM   #10
funrunr

What a shame, I don’t want to not trust everyone, I hate the feeling of having to constantly have my guard up. This hobby is full of such great people that if you don’t give them a chance you might miss an opportunity to meet a great person. I don’t like where our society is heading. Watch your back I guess as I shake my head!
Old 03-24-2019, 05:43 PM   #11
Daves55Sedan

Back in the late '70's I got a few names of people out of Hemmings Motor news. These people were known nationwide in the auto resto industry at that time, some whose names I listed previously. Did business with all of them assuming if any of them caught a bad rap, I would eventually hear about it. Dealing with these folks was a good experience for me.
In the early thru mid '80's, I went to a couple of antique auto parts swap meets. Many of those folks had booths at the meet. I went away happy with a handshake and a good deal. I would have attended more swap meets if I had had the time, if for no other reason to see my old friends again and meet new people who shared my interest. You get a sense of a persons integrity and his intent in the hobby better when you meet in person.
Nowadays, if you answer an ad on craigslist or shop at the E-pay auction, you might as well figure there is going to be a good chance for disappointment.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote