Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #21
Fe26

Default Re: Paul Bradley

Here's a link to a previous discussion on Mr Bradleys Floors, and Waddington’s Floor Pans are pictured, the information is on Page Two of the Thread.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101608&page=2

I don't know if anyone in the US is a vendor for Waddington, here is his Internet address. http://waddingtons.myshopify.com/ There’s an opportunity here I’m sure as Mr Bradley is unable to satisfy demand.

I had a brief look at his site but couldn’t find floor pans, it may be best to contact them directly. Prices are in AUD which helps a little.

I mentioned in the Thread that surely it would be preferable to import the Pans from Oz, rather than wait years for Mr Bradley. A few months is understandable, but why wait years to drive your pride and joy when you have an alternative.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:43 AM   #22
37coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd'sflathead View Post
I called Paul Bradley this morning with the hopes of getting some parts I talked to his a swearing service who took my name number he should call me after 4. Has anyone had luck getting there parts In a reasonable amount of time I have heard of guys waiting monthes . Anyone have any recent experiences ?
a swearing service ....blimey thats not very friendly
37coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #23
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37coop View Post
a swearing service ....blimey thats not very friendly
How about..."answering service" ? This is also a PRIME example for one of the reasons why SOME folks try to promote better spelling and grammer on these posts. It tends to lead to a little less confusion. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #24
ford38v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
How about..."answering service" ? This is also a PRIME example for one of the reasons why SOME folks try to promote better spelling and grammer on these posts. It tends to lead to a little less confusion. DD
Coop, it's a prime example of some folks need to get a sense of humor. I doubt if anyone really misunderstood that typo.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #25
Todd'sflathead

paul called me back today I just got off phone. He has the inner rockers for shoeboxes in stock. He will be running floors for shoebox and kick panels too in the next two weeks.
Todd'sflathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #26
36 CS

Good luck on the next two weeks, the next two weeks ran into months and finally years and still have not heard from him. Glad you are possibly getting yours.
36 CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #27
Todd'sflathead

He is really nice to talk to on the phone hard to believe all these bad deals he has done. I ordered the inner rockers today I hope he gets it put together and out. He says he has two part time workers doing the pressing.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #28
roadster36
BANNED

He told me the same thing on "34 front floorboard section " in stock" "no problem." I sent the $$$ and waited over a year and a half- no parts. He finally refunded my money and I ended up purchasing the needed section from Ed Solari. Bradley's parts are superior but not worth the effort in my opinion if he is not able to supply them as promised. Being honest about delivery dates at the time of attempted purchase would be a huge benefit so the buyer could make the decision to wait or not. I don't expect vendors to treat my work as a hobby. Being a great guy doesn't compensate me for my time, which is at least as valuable as his. It is as simple as that.
roadster36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #29
Phil

I ordered a set of 34 cabriolet pans last year. Paul talked to 20 mins when I ordered them. Very nice, very knowledgable, very talkative. He said he had them in stock and would get them right out. Which he did months and months later after dozens of calls And broken promises. Very frustrating. He talked to me on the phone making lame excuses longer than it would take to box them for shipment. Pans were perfect, but I don't like being lied to over and over.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:07 PM   #30
Bill Nabors

I called him in july to order a set of floor pans my 40 ford coupe. He said they would be ready by thanksgiving. I also ordered trunk pans. The week before thanksgiving, I went to the Moultrie swap meet and was talking with a dealer. He ask if Paul had said which thanksgiving? On his advice, I bought a set from him that day. It took over two years to get the original set, but they are beautiful. I spoke with him several times. He always returned my calls and is a very nice gentleman.
Bill Nabors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:24 PM   #31
Lawson Cox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe26 View Post
Waddingtons! One piece, perfection, available from Australia.
You could probably buy a car for what it would cost to ship them states side.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #32
Todd'sflathead

I can't complain 6 days later from ordering fedex just droped off my inner rockers.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #33
Fe26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson Cox View Post
You could probably buy a car for what it would cost to ship them states side.
No way Lawson. Admittedly they're big in two dimensions but relatively thin which would help a lot with the shipping cost. Even better, if multiple units were bought and stacked together, then the cost would work out very well.

On this side of the ditch we have been importing whatever we needed for years. The reason of course is; we can't get the parts here. Once you get your head around the fact, that if you want to own and drive an old American car over here, then you better get used to stumping up the money for freight.

And the alternative is; you either make it yourself, find someone to make it for you, use a second hand one, or forget about it. If you think freight is expensive, what is the cost of buying a car that can't be used? Mr Bradley makes a product which to say the least is supplied in time spans measured in years. Mention here has been made of three years or more.

Why wait that long to drive your pride and joy? None of us is getting any younger, and if some happiness can be had by driving your old Ford why not spend some extra money on shipping to make that happen. We've been doing just that for a long time.
Fe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #34
Lawson Cox

A lot said FE26. I know and like Paul Bradley a lot. I just hate it for everybody that he is, as my dear old Dad would say, "He is slower than smoke off of dung." I have used that expression many times, but in a cruder version, lol

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #35
biggeorge

I just bought a set of Bradley front floor pans for my 40 ford coupe from Midwest ford. They had them in stock and i got them in about week.
George
biggeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #36
azmodela
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggeorge View Post
I just bought a set of Bradley front floor pans for my 40 ford coupe from Midwest ford. They had them in stock and i got them in about week.
George
Lucky!
azmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #37
ford38v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggeorge View Post
George
Well of course! All the dealers have an inventory of Bradley floor pans, don't they?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #38
biggeorge

Well they are listed as paul Bradley floors and they look like his floors and Andrew at Midwest ford assured me that they are made by him. So there you go. You like apples ? Well How do you like them apples!!
biggeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #39
Todd'sflathead

I have to say I can't complain I had ordered inner rockers from paul i got them with in a week. I ordered his floors for my 1950 tudor and with in a week here they are waiting for me when i got home from work. Maybe this is a new improved paul he has done a great job by me.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #40
v8fordman

For those of you who don't know, look at your floorpan and notice how many grooves are in the pan, how many holes, how many "D" nuts, how many bends, etc. Each one of those "things" relates to the floorpan being handled, moved or changed position in his press. If the pan has a different length of groove, the "press" has to be set up again because every groove is "rolled" into Paul's pans, one at a time. Now think about how many different pans (year models) he makes, right and left sides, full and half pans, etc. He can't afford to put the labor hours into setting up to make one pan should he be "out of stock".

Some of you guys need to make some parts and then try to satisfy yourself. You will find out how difficult it is and will appreciate what these guys do for us. We should thank Carpenter, Drake, Spadaro, Coker, Nacewicz, Bradley, etc.; not criticize them. (and yes, I do get frustrated sometimes) There is not enough NOS stuff out there for all of us.

By the way, I have always gotten my pans immediately upon ordering. There is no nicer guy than Paul Bradley.
v8fordman is offline   Reply With Quote