Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-30-2005, 03:03 PM   #1

Default Still need help

<center></center>

I am putting a front seat from a four door in my panel and need something I can look at to help me along. I have the slide rails but what do they attach to? Did panels have all wood floors or was some of it metal? Any help appreciated.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #2

Default Re: Still need help

We make a couple of styles of seat mounts/floor supports. Click on the web site below, and go to the Ford section. There are pictures there to see if we have anything to help. Dave Maher

<ul>[*]Precision Coachworks[/list]

Old 03-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #3

Default Re: Still need help

Many years back I had a stock 35 delivery panel and a single door on the rear. It had a passenger car type front end on it, not a 35 pickup front. It only had one bucket style seat. That seat worked like a model A tudor seat. It fastened to the floor in the front, and could be folded forward allowing entrance to the interior from the driver's side. The rear of the seat just sat on stubs sticking down from the seat that rested on the floor. This 35 was 20 years old at that time.(1955) We wanted the 59AB engine someone put in it. Once it was pulled the remainder of a perfect 35 Ford panel with a mint body went to the scrap yard. And yeah, I kick myself now.