Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Overheating problems

Hello, I need some help. 22 Model T Touring. Seems to run hot, but I think it is a couple of problems. A) no thermostat,

B)water rushes out overflow tube after you shut off engine. C) supposedly the radiator was rodded & cleaned a month ago, D) I believe there is gunk in the block & radiator. What can I use to flush the block & radiator without damaging metal, gaskets etc. Reply to: [email protected] PLEASE

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Overheating problems

Buckey, Is it possible that you are overfilling the radiator?

Try filling only 1 inch above the core. If filled to the top the water will expand and "burp" out the overflow tube.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

If you want to do it right as for the cleanning you have to remove both hoses and the head to make sure all water passages are clean, I use a hoes and an air gun to clean most of the heads and blocks, the radiator well if it's been cleaned and you put it on a filthy engine you might as well have it cleaned again. I would check the engine block first if it's full of junk then you should clean the radiator again. some times turning it over and flushing it out will work. I agree with Bill, you might just be over filling the radiator and NO THERMOSTAT is needed in a T engine. No Water pumps either if your engine and radiator is clean.

<ul>[*]Golding's T Parts[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

you might want to check the compression on all four cyclinders, it could possibly be a blown head gasket.