Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
thirt4

Default 1934 Ford horn - headlight questions

Ok, stumped again. This re-assembly deal is not what I expected. It was all so easy when all the pieces were removed last summer.
Now I must ask... and real good photos would really help too...
Just how do I get the horn back on the mounting tab and then wired to or with the headlights? Maybe just how does that horn go back on the mounting bracket that bolts up to the headlight stand?

Also, where do the rubber grommets go? They were in the new Vintique kit so they must belong somewhere.

Then, once the horns are mounted on the headlight stands, which route do the horn wires take? Do they go through the headlight stand bolts?

Wish this project had moved a bit faster but hey... I got it moving a little bit still.

Thank you.
thirt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
mfagan

Default Re: 1934 Ford horn - headlight questions

Yes, they go through the headlight stand bolt.
mfagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #3
thirt4

Thank you... then, how do the horns themselves mount using that bracket? The bracket is that Henry bracket that is like a squared off "S" (sort of) and has those real thin plates protruding. The way mine are apparently set up, they appear that the horn will either be facing the hood side or turned around they would be somewhat pointing up into the air.

This has to be much simpler than I am making it... just has to be... maybe it was too hot in the shop today...It was only 90+ outdoors but no breeze in the shop so around 100... ++ ?? Just warm....
thirt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #4
koates

Hi there, I presume the horn mounting brackets are the original ones taken off the car. They are made in left and right hand, so if you fit them on the wrong side of the car your horns will be pointing everywhere. Make sure the spring steel thin plates have the round spacer between the upper and lower plates. 1933 & 34 brackets are angled a little different to 1935 brackets so you need the correct ones. Regards, Kevin.
koates is offline   Reply With Quote