Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
JM 35 Sedan

Smile Good News email just rec'd from Bob Drake

Click the catalog image below for Early Access to End Of Summer SALE
Printed Copies books should arrive in 2-3 weeks

Sale Expires November 18, 2013

Free Shipping Expires November 18, 2013
Must mention Code FL913A

Bob Drake Reproductions, Inc.
1819 NW Washington Blvd.
Grants Pass, OR 97526 (800) 221-3673
www.bobdrake.com

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 09-10-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: detuned the billboard bling :D
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
DICK SPADARO

Default Re: Good News email just rec'd from Bob Drake

Hey JM while you might think that this post is doing everybody a favor its a free ad that just screwed Ryan out of some revenue. I have to pay to place advertisments on this site like everyone else should.

I know I do post new products of mine or others also but I kind of try to keep it news worthy and dont put prices in so it is for information or discussion. I have no problem in a thread or question response with a plug or a go to this guy or that company but posting a blatant advertisement for a business is a little too much, this is more of a discussion forum not a rolling billboard.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
41ford1

Dick,
I fully understand what you are saying. The forum is not a free space ad. If someone wants to see the offers. Check the Ford Barn home page. You and Bob are well represented there. John is basically spreading the word of one of this sites sponsors. JMHO.

Forty1fordpickup on the HAMB.
41ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
JM 35 Sedan

Dick Spadaro I have done the same thing for you in the past. Always put in a good plug for our vendors, especially those who help out on the forum.

Example: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showth...ght=driveshaft

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 09-09-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
DICK SPADARO

John, The deal with this post is not about you posting "a hey Drakes got a special" its a blatant repost of an actual ad. Pretty soon some one else does this for dust covers then someone else does it for muffler bearings and it never stops until the admin get annoyed. Its like spam and they curtail any kind of promotional responses and everyone is screwed so no more Skips, no more Bubbas and others, the whole thing tanks because of abuse . If you want carry Bob's water its ok with me but not in a 2 page ad spread because that is considered commercial advertising.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
FRITZ47

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I agree with Dick Spadero - and somewhat agree with JM35's comments. If the post wasn't so large (rolling billboard is a good description), it might seem more "neutral". Fritz
FRITZ47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
Vic Piano

Hey John, No good deed goes unpunished... While I understand that you were intent on providing a "public service", I also understand Dick's concerns. Being in the television advertising sales business, we call a "free plug" an advertising "bonus" on an already purchased ad schedule. Most, if not all, of the venders that support the FordBarn get plenty of "gratis plugs" on the forum, from satisfied customers. I'd leave it at that. Looking forward to seeing you at the Moonshine Festival. Vic
Old 09-10-2013, 06:25 AM   #8
GaryTx

Btt
GaryTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #9
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DICK SPADARO View Post
Hey JM while you might think that this post is doing everybody a favor its a free ad that just screwed Ryan out of some revenue. I have to pay to place advertisments on this site like everyone else should.

I know I do post new products of mine or others also but I kind of try to keep it news worthy and dont put prices in so it is for information or discussion. I have no problem in a thread or question response with a plug or a go to this guy or that company but posting a blatant advertisement for a business is a little too much, this is more of a discussion forum not a rolling billboard.
I agree w/ Dick. You are screwing Ryan. Not very cool. You need promote the company that help keep Fordbarn running. Dick hope to see you at Hershey.
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
Hey John, No good deed goes unpunished... While I understand that you were intent on providing a "public service", I also understand Dick's concerns. Being in the television advertising sales business, we call a "free plug" an advertising "bonus" on an already purchased ad schedule. Most, if not all, of the venders that support the FordBarn get plenty of "gratis plugs" on the forum, from satisfied customers. I'd leave it at that. Looking forward to seeing you at the Moonshine Festival. Vic
Hi Vic, can't wait to head south in October for the 'LOST' Tour and the Moonshine Festival. I never saw so many nice '39-'40 Fords in one place when I was there in '11. Plus the flea market and the food was also good. I'll be driving the fordor sedan down with a good friend riding shotgun.
in the meantime...getting ready now for the Fall PA Tour.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
burly

I'm all for supporting the guy's here on the barn and will continue to whenever possible but unfortunatly my old car buget is such that I'm sometimes forced to shop where I can get the best deal, which I realize may not be the NOS, superior, period correct or always made in the USA part. It doesn't take long to figure out this isn't a cheap hobby so I appreciate a heads up whenever a guy on here lets me know when or where I could save a buck or two on a functional part I might need down the road. I realize I'm in the minority here when I enjoy all of the pictures of these beautiful Fords you Guys crank out. It sure keeps some of us project low bucks guys motivated.
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #12
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Hi Vic, can't wait to head south in October for the 'LOST' Tour and the Moonshine Festival. I never saw so many nice '39-'40 Fords in one place when I was there in '11. Plus the flea market and the food was also good. I'll be driving the fordor sedan down with a good friend riding shotgun.
in the meantime...getting ready now for the Fall PA Tour.
Hi John, hope you guys have a good time on the Fall Tour, wish I could be there. When you get into Dawsonville, give me a call (we are driving up on Thursday) maybe we can all get together for some good Southern Cookin'.