Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-10-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
michael a

Default Fast and Loud

I watch this cartoon last night and saw them rape a 34 Ford Coupe to me these ass monkeys are not into cars or history just money. I would love for them to make something from scratch without all the help of the modern kits crate motors and all the bolt on airbags Etc. So is this a definition of a retro rod?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
michael a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:18 PM   #2
Gil Sissons

Default Re: Fast and Loud

Michael...we saw that also last night.
Not only did they hack up a nice car...
did you see the color they painted it>
Whew!
Gil NoCal
Gil Sissons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
mike657894

I cant watch that show any more. I cant stand how they repeat and stretch 30 minutes of tv into an hour. I would be blown away if they restored something. anything. And the hyped up dead lines. Like everyone doesnt know resto/custom work has a worse delay than home contractors or government paperwork.
mike657894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
BILL WILLIAMSON

Just throw REALITY out the window, when you watch TV!!! If you don't like it, jist click it OFF!!
Bill Fantasy
Old 11-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #5
1928Mik

I think Mr Exploitation Dick Rawlings and that whole show is awful. I tried to watch it a few times but I just couldn't get into it and how they hack everything up. Aaron finally wised up and got the heck out of there...

-Life's Too Short To Drive Boring Cars-
1928Mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
1942deluxe

Wife and I watched that episode. She said to me "They are ruining that car, yuk!". She was not wrong in my opinion.
1942deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #7
denis4x4

Quit watching these shows years ago. Our property was used for filming a reality show three or four years ago and there was nothing real about!. As to screwing up an old car, what happened to the "it's your car, do what ever" attitude that pops up here on the 'barn from time to time?
Old 11-11-2017, 05:23 PM   #8
michael a

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis4x4 View Post
Quit watching these shows years ago. Our property was used for filming a reality show three or four years ago and there was nothing real about!. As to screwing up an old car, what happened to the "it's your car, do what ever" attitude that pops up here on the 'barn from time to time?
Dennis I am totally in that camp wait for it here comes the big butt. Big dick lay down a hole bunch of cash for a car that any of us would love to own. He did not think of it as his car but more like a savings bond and the fact that he was never going to keep it but try to make his investment swell. As for the cars I build I have every intention of keeping them all until the day I die. If someone is sincerely and love with that car I will let them have it and that usually is very reasonable as far as cost. That is due to the simple fact that they are probably a friend who has been nagging me about it for 20 years. Unfortunately I have came to the crossroads in my life where I finally realized that I can't save them all so these two final build will be it. The rest of my life will be dedicated to helping others who love their car no matter what condition or body style or what they want to do with it makes no difference to me I will help them and not rape them for cash.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
michael a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:55 PM   #9
Tom Foster

I had given up on them a couple years ago but watched when they teamed with Brian Bass, a fabricator from Dallas whose work is artistry itself. The show was all hurry up, get it done so we can sell it, and not about Brian's work.
Bye, Monkeys...
Fearless
Tom Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #10
Barber31

My A actually came out on one of their episodes. While they were making a deal with a gentleman, my Tudor could be seen in the background. Supposedly Aaron wanted my Tudor pretty bad but Richard not so much.
Barber31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #11
Jeff/Illinois

Didn't know that garbage was still on, turned it off a LONG time ago I couldn't stand it, too phony for me. That and Am. Pickers and all the like shows. Gag me. WWF is more believable.

Rawlings is as big a jerk as Boyd Coddington just in a different way, more subtle. All about the $$. Law suits abound.

I pity people who hook up with these guys
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #12
foxfire42

Any opinions on Fantom Works?
foxfire42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #13
Barry B./ Ma.

Some good costructional details but I wouldn't want one of those cars after his brake test, also the lecture sermons to the car owner is a little over the top. The most "real" episodes to my mind was with the late Boyd Coddington, they've been kind of phoney ever since he passed.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #14
rowens55

Haven't seen any since Boyd passed. Didn't know they were still doing the show?!?!
Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #15
Roadster62

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire42 View Post

Please tell me if you know any other "restoration" shop, contractor, landscaper, or any trade for that matter that does the TOTAL job, then hands the owner a bill? I wouldn't allow the guy to change a tire on my daily driver.

Bob
Old 11-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #16
Keith True

When I decide to sell my roadster it will most likely go to one of those type of guys.It was scouted for an outfit that makes some kind of films that they want to peddle to TV people.I don't have cable TV so I have never seen any of these shows.They made an offer of $3500.more than any A guys were offering at the time.I said to them I knew of a couple A roadsters that were nice looking,older 60's and 70's restorations that were cheaper.Turns out they were after the shock value of tearing apart a low mile unrestored barn car.People screaming at the TV set for them being butchers translates into dollars for them.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #17
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire42 View Post
I saw part of an episode the other day, haven't watched for a while, and noticed none of the employees were any that I recalled from before?? Big turn over in help?? Why??
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #18
Roadster62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
I saw part of an episode the other day, haven't watched for a while, and noticed none of the employees were any that I recalled from before?? Big turn over in help?? Why??

My first observation was the fact the building looks to be unheated in the winter, that may effect employee moral. Bob
Old 11-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #19
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Jeff,

All those shops treat the employees like dogs. Car owners come in with unrealistic deadlines. Rather than lose the business, they cave in and then they have to push the employees They work them long hours, evenings, weekends, holidays, just to meet deadlines. When they complain they get fired.

Boyd Coddington was one of the worst. In one segment, one of the fabricators was conscientious and wanted to do good work, but Boyd and the shop foreman said he was too slow so they pushed him to quit.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #20
triumphleroy

There is a solution to all the concern over TV shows. Don't own a TV ! I haven't had one in my home in over 30 years! Threw it out long time ago do not miss anything about it! When those folks from TV show The Pickers Called about coming to my place I said No Thanks. Lots of locals had told them about my place but I don't want the hassle
triumphleroy is offline   Reply With Quote