Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-20-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
Kevin - Illinois

Default Burger Burn Update

At Greg's request this is being posted...

You may have heard of the “Burger Burn”..
A little back ground.. We’ve been doing this at various NWRG meets and the national meet in Portland several years ago.. It was to allow “members of Ahooga.com” to come together at a non-sanctioned MAFCA event and just do what Model A’s are all about.. Have fun!. And that includes welcoming Fordbarn.com people too!
This year I am driving the A up to the meet and that has changed the way it’s going to work.. The coupe will not fit all of the coolers and grill, so this event will be a “Delivered Pizza Feed”. Last week end, the wife and I visited the host hotel in Vancouver and I can tell you that it is a nice facility, and there is a park within 2 miles of the hotel. I think we want to have it at the host hotel as there are a couple of sheltered grass areas, but the sight will be determined at a later date.
We have set the date for Wednesday the 4th of August.. Start gathering about 5pm and deliver the pizza around 6pm. This event will be BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverage). Cost will be determined at a later date, but I am shooting for $10.00 or less and payable cash at the event. It just depends on the cost of the pizza delivery. Any excess will be donated to Ahoog.com and Fordbarn (if fordbarn is a non commercial site.. does anyone know?)
What I need from the masses? An RSVP.. Please EMAIL to this address - [email protected] - if you will be able to attend our gathering and what is your pizza preference. I will need this total by the 20th of July.
Keep on A’ing
Greg Weast
The Dalles, OR
PS I attempted to post this to fordbarn, but screwed something up.. Could somebody please copy this and post it there? And not trying to be a Ahoogasnob, but I don't have the brain power to check if anyone replies to the message on fordbarn, so please ask them email me at the ukesuperstore address. TNX Greg
Kevin - Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #2
quickchange

Default Re: Burger Burn Update

I have tried mailing given address & it comes back, Still put us down for 4 & pos 8 if i can catch up with the other Kiwis, Derek.
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
Steve Plucker
BANNED

I like Ravioli Pizza topped with GENUINE Walla Walla Sweet Onions but can not attend the meet due to wheat harvest.

Hope all who are going will attend the Pizza party...those in the past (Burger Burns) have been a blast especially the one in Pendelton, Oregon during the 2007 NWRM.

So "Let'er Buck"!

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
John LaVoy

Greg says he will give me the location and information to post at the Model A Times swap space at the meet.
John LaVoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Steve Plucker
BANNED

The email address Greg gave is wrong....here is the correct address:

[email protected]

He appologizes for this.

Pluck
Steve Plucker is offline   Reply With Quote