Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #41
BlueSunoco

Default Re: Hershey theft

Tony I've found money lying on the ground too like you (although nothing in the amount YOU found) that's OK to keep that. Once I found five bucks in a parking lot at work, I took it and bought five one dollar lottery tickets, and would have been better off going to McDonalds for a sandwich and cup of Joe---- didn't win anything on those tickets
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #42
raprice

I think that, over the past few years, there's been a breakdown of morals in this country.
I have a lot of trouble understanding how a person can overtly steal someone else's property, i.e. car parts. Evidently, these people have no conscience. Otherwise they just woudn't do it. I do realize that, overall, thieves represent a small proportion of the people. That still doesn't justify their actions.
OK, now I'll get off my soap box.
Rog
raprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #43
Charlie Stephens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSunoco View Post
Tony I've found money lying on the ground too like you (although nothing in the amount YOU found) that's OK to keep that. Once I found five bucks in a parking lot at work, I took it and bought five one dollar lottery tickets, and would have been better off going to McDonalds for a sandwich and cup of Joe---- didn't win anything on those tickets
Think positive. Actually you did win. You gained knowledge. If you had won mere money you would have just used it to buy more tickets, and more until you finally lost all you had and ended up on skid row.

If my stock broker came to me wanting me too buy a stock that was projected to return the same as the lottery I would find a new stock broker.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:34 PM   #44
u10166

Hello Mitch, I am on EBay Daily and have noticed an increase in Model A Titles. I search all kinds of model A parts so I generally see what is new or trending. I don't know if any of these are the ones you lost but might be worth watching? Sorry for your loss hope you find the thief! Todd, u10166

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
u10166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #45
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by u10166 View Post
Hello Mitch, I am on EBay Daily and have noticed an increase in Model A Titles. I search all kinds of model A parts so I generally see what is new or trending. I don't know if any of these are the ones you lost but might be worth watching? Sorry for your loss hope you find the thief! Todd, u10166

just to clarify these were not my titles but is a quote from someone on the AACA site. i have received a few leads here from fordbarners which i forwarded to the person and once directly to the PD. i am trying to get the victims email so i can post it here for future leads. so far no response from him.
thanks
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:50 AM   #46
ronn

"Hello Mitch, I am on EBay Daily and have noticed an increase in Model A Titles. I search all kinds of model A parts so I generally see what is new or trending. I don't know if any of these are the ones you lost but might be worth watching? Sorry for your loss hope you find the thief! Todd, u10166"

It seems ebay is no longer opposed to selling titles-in the past they closed auctions selling titles continuously. Today they dont seem to have a problem selling them...............
ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:47 AM   #47
u10166

I guess there is no honor or honesty anymore. Ebay shouldn't limit what they sell and here is why.. I ended up buying a Vintage
Key machine so I can cut Model A Ford keys by the Original codes thus saving many lock cylinders and handles from going into the junk pile. EBay cancelled several auctions I had bids in because of dishonest people "Might" use the tool for the wrong reasons. We as a Society must use old school morals and values and demand the judicial system punish the criminals
And Not penalize the Honest majority like us. If the authorities were involved in the stolen titles incident they got the lead and they will track down whom ever is selling them if they are the stolen ones on EBay. Hope I didn't offend anyone as it is not my intention to do so. I just love our hobby and the Internet and EBay are great resources for parts.

u10166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:30 AM   #48
burner31

If I bought a sweater...I "might" strangle someone with it, if I bought a screwdriver I "might" stab someone with it, if I bought a pair a shoes I "might" kick the shit out of someone.
Where do you draw the line?
burner31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:04 PM   #49
Tom Wesenberg

Yep, ebay does some dumb things. They won't allow any guns to be sold, but you can take the gun apart and sell each part. They pulled my ad twice for an antique key cutting machine, claimed it was a burglary tool.
Ebay is the burglary tool because of how many stolen parts they have sold.

Last edited by Tom Wesenberg; 12-07-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #50
Pickupman

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner31 View Post
If I bought a sweater...I "might" strangle someone with it, if I bought a screwdriver I "might" stab someone with it, if I bought a pair a shoes I "might" kick the shit out of someone.
Where do you draw the line?
Ebay has drawn the line. If you don't like it move on.
Pickupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:00 AM   #51
1917modelt

Send a message via MSN to 1917modelt

i dont mean to sound dumb.
i just dont know
why would anyone steal a title without having a car for that title ?
and who would just buy just a title and no car ?
please explain ....
thanks
1917modelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:13 AM   #52
fiftyv8

Foreigners would love access to them since a car can not leave the country without a title.
While it might be easy or OK to acquire a vehicle and use it at home without a title by using pink slips and the like, but a title makes things real easy for exporting...
fiftyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:42 AM   #53
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917modelt View Post
i dont mean to sound dumb.
i just dont know
why would anyone steal a title without having a car for that title ?
and who would just buy just a title and no car ?
please explain ....
thanks
Simple, I steal a bunch of titles. I sell them at 4-500 each. The buyer uses the numbers on the title to stamp new numbers on the frame and engine, instant numbers matching car with title to prove it. The DMV accepts the old title and allows ownership of the car. The new owner does not have to put a thousands down on a bonded title using only a few hundred dollars for the stolen paperwork.

Lets take this a step further. The title is used for a model A that is not running. I take the body off and put it on a modern undercarriage with a modern engine. I show the title when I register it and have a brand new hot rod without having to pay the taxes due on the "new" car. (The once famous hot rodder in Cal was caught doing just that, old car all new running gear, chopped channeled body with new interior and only paid the antique value in taxes).

So there you have it, a quick couple of thousand selling stolen "historical" documents.
Old 01-03-2016, 01:58 AM   #54
Dodge

One of my favorite good things I did was: I was walking across a busy street in downtown
San Francisco and in the middle of the street was an envelope. I picked it up when I crossed the street. I opened it up and inside was an IRS refund check for over $1200 signed and a deposit slip. The bank it was going to was just down the street. I walked in
and said I'd like to make a deposit and gave them the check and deposit slip.
I bet that guy was surprised when he found that deposit in his account......
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:27 AM   #55
modelAtony

DODGE, i JUST GAVE A CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO MY FAMILY . I just now told them your story of the money and deposit slip you found and deposited. You sir are a new member of elite group that this is the reason we stop and remember this time of the year, we are thankful that people like you still make this a great place to live. May you and your family have a great and happy new year. have fun modelAtony tony white Lafayette, LA

Last edited by modelAtony; 01-03-2016 at 10:10 AM.
modelAtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:06 AM   #56
Bob-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelAtony View Post
DODGE, i JUST GAVE A CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR MESSAGE TO MY FAMILY . I just now told them your story of the money and deposit slip you found and deposited. You sir are a new member of elite group that this is the reason we stop and remember this time of the year, we are thankful that people like you still make this a great place to live. May you and your family have a great and happy new year. have fun modelAtony tony white nLafayette, LA

"A"-men, brother, "A"-men,

Bob-A
Bob-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:19 AM   #57
noboD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickupman View Post
Ebay has drawn the line. If you don't like it move on.
I have done that, I've drawn my own line. K Mart wanted my birth date to buy a can of spray paint. They said it was to record I'm over 21. At 64 I hardly appear younger then 21 and could still spray grafitti on the side of their building. I no longer go to K Mart. Did the same with Tractor Supply when I needed glue for an inner tube. I hope they both go bankrupt.
noboD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #58
jeep44

Ha ha! I was buying some spray paint, and the girl looked at me and said she guessed I was old enough (I'm 62). I laughed and told her I was on my way to go tag some buildings.....
jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #59
Tom Wesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboD View Post
I have done that, I've drawn my own line. K Mart wanted my birth date to buy a can of spray paint. They said it was to record I'm over 21. At 64 I hardly appear younger then 21 and could still spray grafitti on the side of their building. I no longer go to K Mart. Did the same with Tractor Supply when I needed glue for an inner tube. I hope they both go bankrupt.
Be happy she thought you looked so young.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #60
SkimmerBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by noboD View Post
I hope they both go bankrupt.

WOW !
Kinda harsh don't ya think, bankruptcy?

I feel this thread has drifted off subject.

Last edited by SkimmerBob; 01-03-2016 at 12:55 PM.
SkimmerBob is offline   Reply With Quote