Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-12-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
vtwinsideways

Default Heather’s 1941 P/U

My wife inherited a rodded '41 half-ton after her father's passing nearly four years ago. It has an ailing SBC, a three speed Saginaw, '55 Chev rear end, AMC spindles for a drop on the front, modern steering column and box and a tail pan added to the bed. After much deliberation and soul searching, last year she decided that she wants to put the old truck back original. The fact that we have attended and competed at the Newport Hill Climb for the last 8 years may have played heavily into her decision as it is a stock event except for a modified Model T category. To get the build rolling, we found front and rear ends from a seller posting here on the Barn and my father and I drove to Cleveland OH to get them. A friend locally decided to sell an 8CM and a 39 toploader he had been sitting on, so we picked them up too. We didn't want to get too carried away until we had more of the pieces of the puzzle together, so we didn't start restoring anything until about a month ago. Another local friend bought a '29 Sedan and it came with a partially disassembled 99T (9T?) "raised" deck Mercury with a sideloader. Heather bought it and I brought it home. The heads were off and the water pumps and the timing cover also, but the engine was seized. The cam didn't move, the crank didn't move and the clutch was firmly rusted in place. We've been squirting it almost every night for a month with ATF and last night we got the cam to turn over almost all the way. All of the valves are operating. The trans slid back another quarter of an inch farther than it had before and when I turned on the crank there was ever-so-slight movement of many of the pistons!

Last edited by vtwinsideways; 06-12-2016 at 08:04 PM.
vtwinsideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:13 PM   #2
vtwinsideways

Default Re: Heather’s 1941 P/U

Pics

Last edited by vtwinsideways; 06-12-2016 at 08:36 PM.
vtwinsideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
Dumptruck

Nice looking truck!
Dumptruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #4
Gumpy

DOwn low in front I like it!
"I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in Charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about". Quote by Henry Ford
Gumpy is offline   Reply With Quote