Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-24-2016, 01:00 AM   #21
Dave Mellor NJ

Default Re: Who wouldn't love to go to a place like this?

Here is a pic from the golden anniversary issue of Antique Automobile. The originally posted pics are better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Model A Heaven, Stowe, Pa..jpg (79.9 KB, 57 views)
Dave Mellor NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:21 PM   #22
asapguy

Growing up in the So. Calif. area in the late 50's & early 60's there were many wrecking yards in the L.A. & Gardena area that had many Model A's. I got my 1st 30cp. in 58 when I was 15. I remember one wrecking yard in Gardena that had lots of Model A's including a tudor with around 10K miles. The owner told me the elderly lady who owned it rear ended someone. It would have been an easy fix but he wouldn't sell it. I bought an orig. horn for $5 off another Model A. I went back about a yr. later & he had sold every Model A to a club south of L.A.
asapguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #23
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA

asapguy,
I think you are referring to 'Classic Cars' in Gardena.
I always wondered what happen to that place. Now i know. I remember in the late 60's, buying the upper half of a three window standard coupe body and putting it on my special coupe that had bad upper back wood.

Someplace I have a picture taken in the 1970's of an old farmer, maybe in Arizona but probably in Utah that had a field full of Model A Ford's. My wife and i were on vacation. The farmer was in his 70's and from his porch he told me that none of the cars were for sale. He planned on restoring them all. I often wondered what became of them.
Neil
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:19 PM   #24
Russell in Tulsa

I remember in the fifties as a young-un, going to the lake on old highway 51 there was and still is a train track and past the trees there was a mile long auto salvage yard. The cars were stacked possibly 8 to 10 cars tall and there was not one car that had paint on it. A's T's chebys all sorts of cars.

Fast forward to the 1970's and when I reached that stretch of hi-way I looked at the roofs of the two story houses that set lower than the stack of cars that used to sit there and felt bad about all of those cars that could have been gold for us today.
Russell in Tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote