Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #21
19Fordy

Default Re: Auto Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by alv View Post
have grundy great company had a claim , got an estimate and they sent a check right away, never even came and looked at the car.
Grundy will no longer insure you if you want to insure just one vehicle. You must have several. This has been discussed at length on HAMB. I called Grundy and was told the same thing.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
JM 35 Sedan

I've been with Grundy for five years. As far back as I can remember the underwriter for Grundy has been Philadelphia Indemnity. Last year I had my first ever claim. They sent a very knowledgeable old car appraiser to assess the damage and write up the claim. I had a check arrive in the mail about three days later. They followed up with a phone call to make sure I was happy with the assessment, the amount of payment, and quality of work done buy the repair shop. I just sent in payment to renew my policy before the end of April. I'm very happy with Grundy and surprised to read the negative comments from other Barner's. Perhaps their policy's are different due to different laws in different States? I presently have just one original/stock early Flathead powered Ford V8 insured with them but may be adding another basically stock 5w coupe (my Avatar car) before the end of 2012.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 04-10-2012 at 08:25 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #23
paul2748

Quote:
Originally Posted by desotoguy View Post
If the Tbird was hit by a semi, why didn't the semi libiality cover the repair?
I don't know the particulars on this, but on my regular cars I have gone through my insurance company rather than the other persons (who was at fault) in order to get the car repaired and let the insurance co's fight it out (subrogation I believe its called)
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #24
Hotrodladycrusr

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri.hilton View Post
I heard people recommend AARP old car insurance. How it works is, if you’re age 50 or over, you can join the AARP (that has a lot of other discounts for the retired too). The AARP has a deal with The Hartford Insurance Company that enables them to offer group rates to their members. Good coverage at affordable prices. So I’d say get a quote from them.
You smell like SPAM
Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #25
Cecil/WV

I wouldn't buy anything from AARP!!!
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #26
Highboy34

I've been with Hagerty for about 5 years. They cover a race trailer, road race car and touring sports car, agreed value. No claims, no coverage changes and no problems. But suddenly this year, my rate went up about 6%. I asked why and was told that happened, "in a few states," and that it was just, "... a normal rate increase." Nice people but I was disappointed to see the rates go up.
Highboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #27
sanborn

Jeff/Illinois----you are correct. The correct term is "Agreed Value". In my case, my cars are street rods---not antiques. And it took a while for their people to understand some very rare pieces(components) we have.
sanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #28
jimd

I am also investigating insurance for my ford pickup. Don't want to steal this thread but curious of following question. Do you need to inform the company that insures your daily vehicles if/when you use a 2nd company like Haggerty/Grundy etc for antiques?

Thanks

Jim
jimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
B-O-B

I don't think it's any of their business who you insure your old cars with. I have 5 cars with grundy(now Philsdelhia Indemnity) & just added my 85 GMC 2500 to the policy for a whopping 33.00. I am also working on a claim for the 32 roadster from last fathers day when I hit a large racoon & dig damage to the right front. I notified them (philadelphis indemnity) when I was in Az & they wanted to send an adjuster out but I told them the car was not with me but in Or. They said they would put the caim in a suspence file & notify them when I got back to Or. I called yesterday as I'm in Or. now & they reopened the claim & said they would have an adjuster call to come view the car. I'm waiting on his call. I asked what was the deal with them & Grundy & she said everything is the same except for customer service & for that to call Grundy. They are still insuring classic vehicles & if I remember Grundy used them to underwrite the insurance they sold.

Last edited by B-O-B; 10-12-2013 at 10:39 AM.
B-O-B is offline   Reply With Quote