Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #1
My Old Blue

Default My 56 Homemade PCV Conversion from a 332/302 Valley Pan

I'm working to get my 56' Country Sedan back on the road and many of you have helped so much with insight and all the past threads here. I decided to paint what I could of the engine and get back to the original color. In doing so I had the Valley Pan off and made my own adaptation of the use of a PCV system.

Many of us know there is a kit to convert the valley pan over to PCV through aftermarket pan that has the PCV hole and box underneath with a intake plate under the carb. I made my own using the original pan and few parts I found.

I scored a valley pan from a 332 302 block and cut out the box. I then adapted and fit to my original pan and removed the threaded post in the box. Then determined location of the grommet hole on the pan, about 1.15" diameter give or take using one those hole drill bits used by electricians to install conduit to boxes.

I found the grommet Dorman 42061 and PCV valve Microgard PCV156 from O'Reilly's

Welded the box to underside, sandblasted, primed, and painted. I will block off the road draft on block and already had the carb plate and just need to find the right tube to connect to PCV for the right price.

I feel I was able to duplicate conversion as a whole for about $60 that will work.

Last edited by My Old Blue; 10-09-2019 at 10:43 PM. Reason: To clarify not a duplicate topic
My Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote