Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
truk

Default 40 coupe for sale/trade

City: Chula Vista
State: CA
Price: 28,500 OBO

This is a really nice old style hot rod. Great driver. The engine has less than 2000 miles. the T-5 transmission shifts great and the overdrive makes it nice on the freeway (about 2k RPM at 65 MPH). The trunk has been carpeted and looks decent.The trunk floor is very solid but I don't like how the repair was done and it was on my list of improvments to make. Front floor boards replaced with Bitchin sheet metal. The front and rear shocks converted to tube style.
Engine: 276 C.I. flathead (59 block) bored and honed to 3 5/16 and ceramic sealed, 4" merc cranck, Schnieder 260 F cam, adjustable lifters, Edelbrock heads, Thickstun high rise manifold topped with 2 Sromberg 97s (built by Uncle Max), crab style distributor converted with a Pertroix unit, 12 volt alternator, Fenton cast iron headers, dual exhaust with 18" Brockman mellow tones, mini starter, rebuilt water pumps by Skip Haney, battery is an optima installed behind the passenger seat.
Transmission/drive line: Borg Warner T5 overdrive transmission (drips some), Hurst shifter,open drive shaft, stock '40 banjo rear end with open drive conversion, torque arm.
Interior: Old hot rod interior, headliner needs to be replaced, seat is vinyl covered and in fair shape, black carpet, dash is original and nice, door panels are a bit cheesy looking but functional. Basically the upholstery is usable but could use an upgrade, or use as is (I have for the last five years), modern stereo in the glove box with speakers in the kick panels, Package tray with two speakers (not connected).
Body: Paint is fair but has, some small dings/chips here and there but very shiney. Nice stainless trim, all glass replaced five years ago by previous owner, all window seals replaced, running board rubber replaced. Under carriage blasted and painted by previous owner.
Wheels/tires: 15" x 7" chrome rears with new Hurst cheater slicks, 15" x 6" fronts with 195r 15 tires.
Brakes: Stock '40, new rubber hoses, stops good.

I'm looking to move on to something faster. I'll consider trades or trades plus cash. May consider trades plus a bit of my cash for the right car. My favorites are 63 or 64 galaxie 500XL, 64 or 66 Ford fairlanes, 64 or 65 GTO, 60 to 63 falcon, 57-59 Ford retractable....etc.....etc. Sorry, no big projects, no four doors (may consider four door wagons). If you like 40 Ford coupes (hot rods) this is a nice one. PM me with any questions or offers or you can email me at [email protected] (remove SPAM__)
Thanks,
Snipe
truk (Kurt)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 40 sale 049.jpg (63.7 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg 40 sale 054.jpg (64.6 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 40 sale 056.jpg (65.0 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 40 sale 058.jpg (43.2 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg 40 sale 060.jpg (76.5 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 40 sale 062.jpg (89.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg 40 sale 068.jpg (49.5 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg 40 sale 070.jpg (53.2 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by truk; 02-24-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: my mistake
truk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
toytrucker

Default Re: 40 coupe for sale/trade

Too bad you're so far away, I've got a 63 500xl conv. I'm selling, originally a 352, now has a 390. Nice 40! Darryl, OH
toytrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:33 AM   #3
truk

Still for sale. I'll consider all resonable cash offers and trades. In addition to the cars listed in the original ad, I like: 50 buick sedanetts, early falcons, notch-back baracudas, fast-back mustangs etc.
truk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
cduece32

I like your car, but have to sell mine first, really been trying, economy, good luck, oh mine is 48 merc convertible
cduece32 is offline   Reply With Quote