Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #1
macdonge

Default Turn Signal Conundrum

Finished wiring up a new turn signal switch (VSM 900 from one of the major reputable suppliers) for my '30 Roadster recently - but only after some effort to find a short circuit that would cause the fuse to blow whenever power was supplied to the circuit. It turned out to be a short inside the switch itself (see pics). The blue wire supplies a common load bus with 6V (first picture). I found that the black ground wire was shorted to this bus (second picture). A bit of tape and bicycle tube fixed it (third pic)!

With the exception of a dim pilot light, all was fine thereafter in terms of its operation. Then I decided to change out the cheap thermal BV535 6V flasher that had been supplied with a Novita LL535 electro-mechanical flasher. Well, the flash rate improved a bit & the pilot light brightness improved substantially (and it was nice to hear the relay clicking - something the thermal flasher doesn't do) but when the lights are turned on (in either parking, headlights or bright position) the flasher (signals) doesn't kick in.

Thoughts anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frelighsburg-20180411-00701.jpg (59.1 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg Frelighsburg-20180411-00709.jpg (48.3 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Frelighsburg-20180411-00711.jpg (45.1 KB, 113 views)
macdonge is offline   Reply With Quote