Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-22-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
walkerlakeprinter

Default Need coupe seat back attachment photos

I've looked at page 257 in the Service Bulletins, but it doesn't help me much.
I think the wood structure in my car is not original, and I forgot to take a photo of how it all went together when I was dismantling my coupe. What I really need is a photo or diagram of everything in front of the package tray and down to the back of the seat riser. It looks like I could easily move the wood next to the package tray back behind the lip to give me more room.
I drove this car for years and always had enough room, but moving the seat back a bit might be more comfortable. Any ideas are welcome.

In my coupe, there aren't any brackets to attach the bottom of the seat back. I must be missing something somewhere.

Look at the photos below. As you can see also, the rest of the wood around the belt rail needs replacing. The fun just never ends!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seat1.jpg (69.2 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Seat2.jpg (50.1 KB, 84 views)
walkerlakeprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:24 AM   #2
Gary Karr

Default Re: Need coupe seat back attachment photos

Actually, the brackets you have on the top of your seat back frame belong at the bottom of the frame, riveted to the curved toe pan. The frame is then secured to these brackets with wood screws. The upper brackets are much flatter and will slip down into the two slots on the wood piece attached to the package tray. If you want more room, you can reposition the wood piece back under the package tray to give yourself a bit more room. Simply line up the slots in the wood piece with the slots in the metal package tray.
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote