Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-29-2020, 09:47 PM   #1
Kustom Fabricator

Default 1939 Ford Deluxe Convertible Rumble Seat

City: Wildomar
State: Ca
Price: 35k

Putting up my 39 to see if there is any interest in it in these interesting times. I don’t want to sell it but we are moving out of California and want to free up some money before the move. My wife and I would love to see it go to a good home!

For sale is a barn find 39 Ford. I bought this car possibly from the second owner, they were pretty sure they bought it from the original owner in 1958. After purchasing they painted the body black, dash white and added the white top and red interior. Most likely the top was re-styled and upholstered by Gaylord. Top was welded and now is a Carson/removable top. Previous owners drove it until 1982 until a water pump failed and they literally put it on bricks and never drove it since. Since pulling it from the garage I re-upholstered the interior in the same color and style as the original and added a boot to the convertible package tray because the top has not been redone yet. Car has been rewired with a Bauer 6 volt wiring harness, gauges were rebuilt by Williamson’s instruments and have transferable warranty, put back on the original 39 headlights. Has new water pumps and starter on the 48 motor which is stock. Added an electric gas pump (still has a new mechanical) and return line to the gas tank which was hot tanked and sealed so the engine does not have problems with vapor lock or running on junk California gas. I can drive this car daily if needed.

Car has original 58 paint on it. Paint is far from great condition. It has small dents and bubbles, looks like maybe some break fluid got on it, has scratches and nicks. But, after a car show somebody banged it with a car door and chipped the paint and put a small dent in it and it was the first time I never have freaked out. If I were to keep it I would not paint it. It’s not bad and pretty cool for over a 60 year old paint job. Car has original sheet metal on it and the floors are solid, only rust on it is surface rust on the frame, body itself is as good as it gets for original.

Suspension has longer shackles in the rear and reversed eye front leaf spring, brakes were completely rebuilt, drums were converted to narrow 5 lug with genuine ford wheels and Firestone bias ply. 5.60 ft, 7.10 rear so it has a slight rake.

This car is a true survivor. Front end needs to be dropped with whitewalls and have the rear eyes flipped with the top redone and it would be the perfect time capsule of a 50’s Hotrod. Please text me with any questions. If you are interested I can provide more pictures. Staging the house so I have a ton of house clutter around the car and can’t pull it out for a week or so.

Price is VERY negotiable. Throw a number at me and let’s talk! HECK...give me a good price and I will throw in my 1965 Bridgeport mill, it has a variable speed ACRA head on it with Digital read out and a 3 phase motor and speed control. Mill was rebuilt in the 90’s. I have owned it for 7 years and maybe put on it 100hrs.

Possible trade/money for Chevy Long Bed Square body Crew Cab Dually or any 3/4 - 1 ton truck, Need something that can pull a 25+ ft trailer full of garage equipment.

Thanks for looking.

Matt
619-922-0809
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2609.JPG (116.4 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2024.JPG (131.6 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2291.JPG (114.3 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2292.JPG (96.8 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2389.JPG (83.1 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2370.JPG (121.5 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2383.JPG (106.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2384.JPG (101.8 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2387.JPG (98.0 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2022.JPG (120.7 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1892.JPG (131.6 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1891.jpg (35.6 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1886.jpg (36.1 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by Kustom Fabricator; 03-31-2020 at 05:28 PM.
Kustom Fabricator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:14 PM   #2
Kustom Fabricator

Default Re: 1939 Ford Deluxe Convertible Rumble Seat

More Pics
Old 07-06-2021, 09:26 AM   #3
Kustom Fabricator

Default Re: 1939 Ford Deluxe Convertible Rumble Seat

This Vehicle is SOLD!!

Finally able to get it to post "Sold" after many tries the past year.

Thank you for everyone who got a hold of me just to say what a great "Survivor" it was and that I didn't try to restore it.

Hopefully the new owner is enjoying it.

Matt