Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #1
Will N

Default Strange Fordor at New England Meet

I've been meaning to ask you guys about this but am just getting around to it. Coming home from the New England Meet last week, I got a brief glimpse a a Fordor that had some strange features. I was leaving the gas station and it was pulling in. I should have pulled over and asked the owner about it....

Anyway, it was a blindback (steel) with looked to be a Briggs body with the straight window tops. But the fabric treatment on the roof was kind of similar to a Tudor, where the fabric wrapped down to the drip rail. Toward the rear of the roof the fabric made a right angle as it turned toward the top. Kind of hard to describe. But the strangest thing was the radiator shell. It looked similar to a '30 shell- the area around the Ford oval was was stainless. But there was a raised bead that ran all around the edge facing the front. Picture the thin raised areas on the right and left sides of the shell being extended upward and meeting at the crest, below the radiator cap. The area where the blue oval is was sunken. I don't recall if the shell had the dip along the top edge or if it ran straight across (like a commercial shell).

I was thinking maybe this was a Russian GAZ, but none of the pictures I found had that roof treatment or radiator shell. Anyone have any ideas?
Will N is offline   Reply With Quote