Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-22-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
Sea-weed

Default 1930 Town Sedan For sale

City: Falmouth
State: MA
Price: 10,000

Sold!!! Thank you FordBarn.

Time to sell Molly. Molly is a 1930 Town Sedan with the Murray body. She is a really beautiful looking car. The paint is very good. All steel except the two rear fenders, which are glass. The roof was redone by the previous owner and is excellent. All the glass is clear, no cracks or scratches. The interior (also by the previous) is all LeBaron Bonney wool, also excellent. The whole interior is very nice. The chassis was all painted by the previous and is in good shape. Wheels are very good but the tires are old. Also, the car is 12 volt with an alternator.

The car has sat idle in my garage for probably 10 years. I drained and flushed the old gas out and was in the process of trying to get her started and hit a snag. I noticed that when I turned the hand crank, the rotor did not move. I pulled the distributor out, it was really in there but I could not get the shafts out. I had trouble with this before and I think with the inactivity it just rusted up. Here is the thread I had on it at the time: https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=242813

So the engine is a project, maybe. Odometer says 90k, which could be about right. I know some of the car’s history. Running engine, this should be a $15K car with new tires.
I have figured with the engine work needed and tires, I should be asking around $10K.

Obviously the car will need to be pushed out of the garage and winched onto a trailer. No mice!

Here is an old listing I had for the car.
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92776

Please PM me if interested and we can go from there. I am located in the town of Falmouth on Cape Cod in MA.

Thanks, Rich

Last edited by Sea-weed; 09-29-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: car is sold
Sea-weed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:42 PM   #2
Sea-weed

Default Re: 1930 Town Sedan For sale

Bump
Sea-weed is offline   Reply With Quote