Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
rollingsculpture

Default color specific pictures thread

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
i decided to try a new thread with this topic as the previous one will probably drop out and i hoped that there could be some compilation here of photos that people could post of their cars and the colors that were used , i will most likley buy the book mentioned below but i think it can really be beneficial to many if there was a thread here we could look at on this site. hope we can at least get 30 of the 39 colors available ,
what i would love to see is a photographic example of each of the colors on a car or truck ,also what are the combinations for the pin stripe and body/belt colors? such as bluerock green and??? pinstripe or menelous orange and ???? pinstripe. can we build this visual library with good clear pics and details of striping as well as unusual combinations or seldom seen colors . hope this can happen it would be invaluable for choosing our new paint .

as recommended by RON C of rhode island and his quote:

If you are going to paint any part of your Model A according to how it came off the assembly line then you should buy this book.

https://mafca.com/cart/index.php?productID=129
Paint and Finish Guide "3rd Edition Revised"

"This much improved Edition includes Paint chips remastered to original Ford colors, Improved color chips placed on more neutral paper, Revised charts and updated text, 18 new factory or original vehicle photos. These additional photos clearly identify the painting process used at the Ford plants and include; 2 additional photos showing body painting, 5 new photos showing how colors were applied, 4 additional photos showing striping details, 5 new photos showing woodgraining process, 2 additional photos showing polishing results, 4 photos in the previous edition have been greatly enlarged and sharpened for clarity and detail. Added information for commercial vehicle painting and Town Car body painting. Two new paint chips added for the Town Car: Madras Carbuncle - Town Car body color & Moulding Brown - Town Car door window moulding."