Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-21-2018, 09:19 PM   #1
Twocollies

Default deluxe coupe rear window shade

I'm Looking for the Diamond pattern window shade for my 30 deluxe coupe. It does not appear that Le Baron Bonny offers this pattern. Its hard to see on their web site what they have available. Are there other Companies that sell model A interiors?
Twocollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
Tacoma Bob

Default Re: deluxe coupe rear window shade

When you find it let us all know. Try the search for a ton of info. I was surprised a few weeks ago when I looked at our folding chairs for the backyard. If they were not black I would have made a shade for our Tudor. Perfect small diamonds. I have seen some fabric while cruising the web. You might try Classtique or Cartouche but a kinda doubt it.
Tacoma Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
Bud

I tried selling this material back in the 1990's. I had it woven with the proper selvage (diamonds don't run out to the edge). I had ten pieces made, I kept 2 and I think I am down to 1. But it took me 10 years to sell those other 8 pieces. I tried to sell the data on how it was woven and I got the brush-off from Lebaron-Bonney and the guy who does the show car interiors. I was asking $100 a piece which just covered my costs. As I have said before, the Victoria association wanted to know where I had it made and when they found out they went around me and cut a deal for themselves. Everybody wants a Deluxe shade for $25. In the case of the wider shades for the Victorias and Town sedans, they want different colors and a different pattern. And people wonder why no one wants to reproduce parts. I think in the long run I am just going to shred the research done on these shades.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:46 AM   #4
Gerald1961

hi Bud!
Since we own our 30 Murray Town Sedan I am after correct shades, with no luck. I am willing to pay your price, almost any. Can you please please help me?
Gerald
Gerald1961 is offline   Reply With Quote