Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-05-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
my2nd40

Default 1940 standard coupe

City: Paris
State: Tn
Price: 21,500

1940 Ford standard opera coupe fresh from the barn. The old car has rust in the quarters on both sides that a patch panel will take care of easily. The rear inner fender wells have some rust out around the bolt holes where the fenders attach and there are a couple small rust holes in the trunk floor. The body has dents, dings and scratches, in general, a great patina hot rod that just can’t be duplicated if that's what you like.
This old car drives and runs great. All mechanicals have been rebuilt or replaced, including brakes, brake lines, master cylinder, tie rods, all bushings and seals throughout. New king pins and steering box adjustments make this car drive straight and true. Wiring is all new with the original type cloth sheathing and neatly done. The interior is old, weathered and worn. The headliner is missing but the original upholstery on the seat is old and dirty but not ripped or torn. The sheet metal floors have been replaced with reproductions, a well done repair that is solid and looks good. The rear tool tray area that always rusts out has been replaced as well. The car comes with an original radio. It’s not installed, and likely doesn’t work but it’ complete and pretty a hard item to find in any condition. It also has an original heater that’s not installed.
The engine in the car is a 1946-48 59AB flathead, and starts and runs great. The distributor is rebuilt, new plugs and wires, new coil, new voltage regulator, new 6 volt battery. The engine has a ford factory rebuild tag on it, but I don’t have any further information on the engine as to when it was rebuilt or what was done at the time. The motor is equipped with Fenton exhaust headers and has dual exhaust out the back, straight pipes with no mufflers. Great sound. More pictures available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_garage001.JPG (114.4 KB, 512 views)
my2nd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #2
my2nd40

Default Re: 1940 standard coupe

btt
Old 01-06-2015, 08:49 AM   #3
my2nd40

btt
Old 01-30-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
my2nd40

btt
Old 02-13-2015, 08:35 AM   #5
my2nd40

Sold!