Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 AM   #281
CarlG

Default Re: carburetor 13/32 deep well socket

PM I received 2-3-15:
Quote:
Have you on the list ... as 3rd person interested...
Haven't received mine yet.
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:56 AM   #282
jax55

If number 3, 5 or 17 have not received theirs, my outlook is kinda bleak for awhile.. I am around 50.
Still waiting patiently...awhile longer.
jax55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:04 PM   #283
Mikeinnj

Was there a list posted of "who's on first" ?

If so I never saw it.
Mikeinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:39 PM   #284
Tom Wesenberg

I sent a PM early on for some of the sockets, but don't know where I am on the list either.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:19 AM   #285
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

In post #10, I said I would buy it without even knowing the price, that was before Mitch and I don't have one yet nor have I had a request for payment.

I even sent a PM the other day and have heard nothing back.

There was even a joke from them about sending me a personalized one in post 157.

Guess I'll just wait some more.

Last edited by Mike V. Florida; 05-03-2016 at 01:46 AM.
Mike V. Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #286
Ray in La Mesa

Still patiently waiting.
Ray in La Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #287
haag1332

Hope everyone is doing well.

I have had some problems with regard to notifications to people regarding these sockets. Some people don't check pm's here on a regular basis, some people used an email address on their profile that they don't regularly use, so on and so forth. I will also admit to not being very diligent on following up with a few different problems that have arisen so far.

I have also had a couple of problems with regard to the paypal account I set up for this project as well. On a funny note, one person notified sent me the wrong amount of money to my paypal account as well as did not include their ford barn name, and to make matters worse provided no shipping information or contact information. We have sorted this out at this point, but hopefully this doesn't continue to happen, lol.

I probably should have thought about the final sale and contact issue a bit more at the beginning of this process, but oh well, I am learning, lol.

I have a complete list of everyone who has expressed interest as well as who I have confirmed to receive the socket or sockets they have ordered, so don't worry. If I have sent you a confirmation on here, I will continue to reserve your socket and continue to try and contact you.

I have not contacted a great number of people at this point since we are trying to iron out a few issues with this whole process, and basically get the shipping rolling, but things are moving. I do not have all of the sockets completed yet, but I am getting closer day by day, and feel as though we have the process to a point where we can make a subsequent run to satisfy all new interest in the project.

On another note. I have not set up a business paypal account since I plan to donate proceeds from this project to a charity that our family regularly supports. This means I cannot accept credit card payments directly. However, please take the time to sign up with paypal and create an account which will allow you to use your credit card to pay for the sockets when you are notified. I will include a link to do so in the email I send when I notify you that your socket/s are ready to ship. It only takes a few minutes. I have also decided that other than paypal, the only other method of payment I will be able to accept will be a money order. Where to send the money order will also be included in the notification email. I have decided not to accept personal checks since the charges for one possibly returned check will be more than the cost of one socket, and obviously that will hurt.

So, anyone who has expressed interest and been confirmed on here, or anyone who has expressed interest and not been confirmed yet, please email me at my business email listed below, with your primary email that you use on a regular basis. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FORD BARN NAME SO I KNOW WHO YOU ARE, AND MAKE SURE THE WORD "SOCKET" IS SOMEWHERE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.

If you do not send me an email and read this later or what have you, I will continue to try and contact you and will save your socket/s so DON'T WORRY lol. You will get your socket/s. If for some reason you are notified and no longer have interest, please let me know so I can fulfill someone else's interest, but I will continue to hold the socket/s for you until I receive such notice.

I appreciate all of the interest, and patience, and will make sure all of you get this socket, so again, please do not worry.

At this point I am just trying to simplify the process to make things easier for myself.

I may have missed something here, or, not explained something properly or completely since it is late, but I will answer any questions or address any concerns you folks may have at any time.

Bill Haag Jr.

email: [email protected]
haag1332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #288
haag1332

Well after I posted I saw the post on the 12 point snap on socket and it looks good.

I apologize for the lengthy time frame on my 6 point, but it's fine if someone doesn't want the one I have been working on, just let me know, it's really not a problem, and again I apologize for the wait.

Bill
Old 05-04-2016, 07:32 AM   #289
Benson

I have used both 6 point and 12 point sockets and find that the 6 point socket works MUCH better.

The 12 point slips and rounds off the points on the Gav housing if the housing is even slightly worn on the points.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:53 AM   #290
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by haag1332 View Post
Well after I posted I saw the post on the 12 point snap on socket and it looks good.

I apologize for the lengthy time frame on my 6 point, but it's fine if someone doesn't want the one I have been working on, just let me know, it's really not a problem, and again I apologize for the wait.

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I have used both 6 point and 12 point sockets and find that the 6 point socket works MUCH better.

The 12 point slips and rounds off the points on the Gav housing if the housing is even slightly worn on the points.

Benson hit it right on the head. 6 point much better for stubborn stuff. I'll keep my order thanks!
Old 05-06-2016, 05:04 PM   #291
CarlG

Must be getting close. I had an eMail from Bill last night saying that my socket was ready to ship.
Model A Restorers Club
Mullins Owner's Club
Old 05-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #292
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Got the email at 9:04 pm last night.. For 4 sockets...
Payment sent at 9:05 pm last night
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:36 AM   #293
CarlG

eMail received over the weekend said that sockets are on their way. YAY!
Model A Restorers Club
Mullins Owner's Club
Old 05-09-2016, 11:02 AM   #294
P.S.

I am still waiting for that email. Drat. I waited too long to get on the list.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:23 PM   #295
jax55

P.S. join the rest of us that are waiting for that email to come. I thought I was pretty close to the front of the line, that is until I saw the posting from Mitch.
I am in there somewhere, and will be very happy when my turn does come.
Hang in there.
jax55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 01:48 PM   #296
P.S.

Right on, Jax. I know it will be worth the wait. Such a useful tool!!
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #297
Mitch//pa
BANNED

I received my sockets today, my first impression is the high quality (heavy) they are plus each comes with a cute little storage capsule... I will report back tomorrow as I have 3 carbs to take apart... Can't wait to try them out
Thanks Bill for the quick shipping and taking the time out of your busy schedule to hook us all up, they are a work of art..

One of these has Dads name on it along with a case of jet fuel coffee he is easy to buy for

Oh and the lifetime guarantee on the capsules and sockets are a super bonus

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 05-10-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #298
haag1332

gee whiz mitch, I think I went over the guarantee thing earlier in the thread........like way way back, lol, but now you want a lifetime supply of the "cute little storage capsule"

Seriously, lol, there is no pleasing you guys lol.

Let us know how you make out with your carbs. And on some repro valves the socket may only fit a couple of different ways since the tube on the repros is often off center from the hex.

Bill
Old 05-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #299
haag1332

And I just re read this thing again mitch, and put more thought into your dad comment.

Nice to see you are thinking about your dad, and I hope he appreciates it as much as my dad did when he got the first prototype, which of course started this whole mess I have gotten involved with, lol.

Bill
Old 05-11-2016, 07:33 AM   #300
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haag1332 View Post
gee whiz mitch, I think I went over the guarantee thing earlier in the thread........like way way back, lol, but now you want a lifetime supply of the "cute little storage capsule"

Seriously, lol, there is no pleasing you guys lol.

Let us know how you make out with your carbs. And on some repro valves the socket may only fit a couple of different ways since the tube on the repros is often off center from the hex.

Bill

Actually I don't even remember what or if there was a guarantee,,was messin... But it won't be needed, as these are high quality..

I tried it out this morning it works as described.. The GAV bottoms out in the socket perfectly leaving the threads exposed, and fits between the GAV and carb housing perfectly..... Nice job

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 05-11-2016 at 07:43 AM.