Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-26-2015, 08:14 AM   #21
Ross/Kzoo

Default Re: Why???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped58 View Post
When I sell on craigslist I reply by email and ask for their phone number. And when the item sells I always send an email to the people who sent their phone #. I also say, if you see the item, it's still "for sale "
I do the same. I have an 80-90% success rate for selling on CR and I get very few uninterested party's responding. The easiest ones to eliminate are the ones that don't ask anything about the item but say " What's the lowest you will take". My $175 treadmill that I was asking $175 got that response and I emailed back $174.95. I sold it 2 days later for $175. I try to price my items very fair.
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #22
Keith True

Default Re: Why???

I read a lot of email responses that I just delete.A lot look like they were written by a third grader,or if they studied real hard they could become a third grader.If I advertise something for $100.and the response I get is,tak twunny?that does not get an answer.Sometimes I will have something for sale that will attract a whole herd of idiots.I had a snowplow blade for sale,it was a pretty nice desirable blade.It is made to fit small-mid size trucks.I had a couple of people that wanted me to load it up,bring it to a parking lot somewhere,so they could have a look at it.It also brought out a half dozen other nutty questions.I sold it yesterday morning to a normal type of guy,he called me,he came down and looked,paid for it,and I loaded it into his truck with the Bobcat,and he drove off.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)