Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
BN

Default 56 heater hose connections

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I'm finally getting around to replacing the leaking heater core in my 56. It's been disconnected since I've had the car and I just purchased a repo (advertised as capable of 300 psi. It does have much thicker tubes than the original). I'm having a problem trying to determine the correct hose connections. Surprisingly, none of this detail is in the original Ford manual.

My 56 has the capillary tube type control system (not the bimetallic type with the vacuum control on the intake manifold). There are two hose connections on the firewall which connect to the temperature control valve inside the heater plenum. Then, there are the two hose connections on the heater core itself. On the engine, there is a hose connection on the intake manifold and one on the water pump. A hose was still connected to the water pump, and it also has a manual shutoff valve spliced into it. This hose was routed under the blower ducting.

If anyone has the capillary tube type heater system still correctly hooked up, could you inform me what is connected where and the routing? I guess a picture would be easiest.

Thanks,
Bill