Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-20-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
Seven cylinders

Default Identification Numbers Are Confusing!!

Hello All!! I am new to ford barn forum but have a few questions regarding my Ford Flathead V8.
I have pulled my motor and was told it may be a 38 but the seller was not sure. I have been looking through many sites and I am still confused because my numbers don't seem to match anything out there. Here is my information for you.
The numbers on the top of the bell housing at the rear of the motor are C10144
followed by X1 the heads are 24 studs with nuts. The heads are top center water flow inlet and have 9T in raised letters on them. The water pumps are mounted on the front of the block left and right. The distributor is mounted on the front of the motor under the generator/fan. The manifold is three bolt. I haven't pulled the heads yet, so i don't have the bore and stroke. I hope you can help me with the year using this information. I don't want to by parts without the proper information about the motor. I am assuming this is a canadian made motor.

Thank you for an help!! Seven Cylinders
Seven cylinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
40cpe

Default Re: Identification Numbers Are Confusing!!

You are in the right church to get the information you need, but you need to move to the right pew. This post should be on the "Early V8" forum here in the Fordbarn. Some of the more knowledgable flathead gurus might not come to this "Late V8" forum to see your post.
40cpe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
40cpe

Default Re: Identification Numbers Are Confusing!!

Now I DO see where you posted on the early v8 forum yesterday. I hope someone can help you with your questions. If you don't get some help soon, maybe start a new thread over there. You might also ask over on the Early Ford V8 forum.

https://www.earlyfordv8.org/index.cfm
40cpe is online now   Reply With Quote