Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-25-2021, 12:55 PM   #21
JayJay

Default Re: Connecticut license plate color

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
So the solution is register the plate and paint it later.
Here in California we have a process called "Year of Manufacture" registration that sounds similar to what you all are discussing. (Different from "Horseless Carriage" registration, which comes with a bunch of restrictions). A possible complication is that the arrangement of the 1930s numbers/letters (NLNNNN) is the same as the modern motorcycle plate configuration, so you have to go to DMV with the antique plates in hand and let them look up to be sure that combo is not in use on a motorcycle. Also, the year of the plates has to match the year of manufacture on the title. But DMV has been closed for most of a year, and only now accepting limited appointments for driving tests - all registration must be done online, and no YOM process available online.

I have a set of original 1930 plates i picked up but don't know if they can be used or not. So I'll wait until "normal" (whatever that is) returns, and in the meantime run double plates - current and 1930. In the big context of what's happening in society, this really is a "first world" problem so I'm not stressing over it.

And after (if) I get the car registered to the 1930 plates, that's the time to restore the plates.

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:38 PM   #22
MickeyT

Send a message via MSN to MickeyT Send a message via Yahoo to MickeyT
Default Re: Connecticut license plate color

Just in case anyone is interested in Texas you can use an antique plate as long as the number is not currently in use and it can be restored (correct color) but MUST be an original plate. No reproductions allowed. The one on my '31 pickup is white with black numbers because it's a commercial vehicle. Cars of the same year are black with white numbers.
MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)