Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-11-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
cpf240

Default Classicar Corp. Catalog?

While going through some of the paperwork that came with my car, I came across several receipts for parts from various vendors. This lead me to wanting to see if I could identify the parts that were ordered, so that I might have an idea of what parts probably aren't original, or what work was done on the car.

I've had success figuring out the parts ordered from Rick's, as some catalogs were with the paperwork. I do wish that the Rick's book 'body to frame' that was on the invoice was in the stuff I received.

Now I'm hoping someone might have a catalog from a vendor called Classicar Corp. They don't seem to be in business anymore. The parts were ordered in 1978. The invoice is just a stationary store style pad, with Classicar Corp hand written at the top. The invoice just lists part numbers, quantities and prices, with the exception of one item that has a number and the word 'floorboard'.

Does anyone know about this vendor, and maybe have a catalog?

Any help, comments, and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
cpf240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
KenCoupe

Default Re: Classicar Corp. Catalog?

Is there any indication on the receipt where they were located? I personally have not heard of them before. It sounds like the previous owner may have walked in to their store and bought parts given the handwritten receipt.
KenCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:57 PM   #3
cpf240

No, this was old school mail order. They were located in AZ, as best I can tell. The previous owner was my father, and he was - still is - in CA. My grandfather worked on the car for my dad, and they wouldn't have driven to AZ for parts.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:27 AM   #4
Big hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpf240 View Post
While going through some of the paperwork that came with my car, I came across several receipts for parts from various vendors. This lead me to wanting to see if I could identify the parts that were ordered, so that I might have an idea of what parts probably aren't original, or what work was done on the car.

I've had success figuring out the parts ordered from Rick's, as some catalogs were with the paperwork. I do wish that the Rick's book 'body to frame' that was on the invoice was in the stuff I received.

Now I'm hoping someone might have a catalog from a vendor called Classicar Corp. They don't seem to be in business anymore. The parts were ordered in 1978. The invoice is just a stationary store style pad, with Classicar Corp hand written at the top. The invoice just lists part numbers, quantities and prices, with the exception of one item that has a number and the word 'floorboard'.

Does anyone know about this vendor, and maybe have a catalog?

Any help, comments, and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
I think Rick's how to restore blue book has all the small leaflets in it !
You might find one for sale on E-bay ? I have his blue book, P.M. me how if you want, I could send pictures of the body to frame section
Old 06-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #5
cpf240

Here is a follow up, and for my needs at the moment, a conclusion.

First of all, thank you BH for that information and your kind offer. I'll keep an eye out for that book to add to my library one day. Thanks also go to those parties wishing to remain anonymous.

Secondly, with some assistance, I was able to come across at least a portion of Classicar Corp's offerings. It appears they made wood parts for the A, and I don't know what all else. I've attached what I came up with for your enjoyment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Classicar01.jpg (36.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Classicar02.jpg (20.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Classicar03.jpg (32.4 KB, 26 views)