Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-18-2013, 01:51 AM   #21
Craig Lewis

Default Re: Site brightness question

So I've tried all the suggestions and no luck. I'm running microsoft 7 Home premium and the format must have changed because I'm not seeing the pages as laid out by Benson. Accessability options doesn't take me to any "high contrast" tabs or settings.
I've played with resolution which only changes the shape of my window.
In my wanderings though I've disabled my camera which seemed to dim the screen slightly except I can't be sure since eyes are so screwed up right now.
Also I stumbled upon the refresh and we have NO choice...just 60HZ in this useless brick.

Sorry guys...this is definately off the subject of Model A's, I'll sort it out somehow.
Craig Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #22
dumb person

So i downloaded this thing that makes most computer applications look like this but i cannot find where i downloaded it from.

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #23
Benson

Craig,

Sorry the page I referenced is from Windows XP not Windows 7.

It looks like MS moved some options to change backgrounds and page colors into Internet Explorer 10:

http://www.microsoft.com/enable/products/ie10/

Search the page listed in the URL above for the following text:

"Change the font size, formatting, and screen colors

To make webpages easier to see, you can change the font type and size, and the foreground and background colors that are used to display webpages. You can also specify the color used for links in webpages, and override colors used on webpages.

With an Internet Explorer window open on the desktop, tap or click Internet Options from the Tools menu."
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #24
1st_model_a

Craig, IMO this is ok to post because it's a condition which might casue you to leave the Model A forum. Anyway hope you see this - it's at control panel > appearance and personalization > personalization scroll down to the bottom:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg high contrast.jpg (56.7 KB, 4 views)
1st_model_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #25
Big John

apple desktop has a f1 and f2 for setting the screen brightness just by touching and holding the button down......what do you wear when spotwelding..... but maybe try the glasses method for use on your screen
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #26
Craig Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_model_a View Post
Craig, IMO this is ok to post because it's a condition which might casue you to leave the Model A forum. Anyway hope you see this - it's at control panel > appearance and personalization > personalization scroll down to the bottom:
Ok just checking back
...went to appearance and tried all 3 white backgrounds, they all show exactly the same on my screen. Scolled down to the colour choices and selected a Tacoma Cream background.....now my cat's missing
(only the screensaver turned Tacoma cream...that used to be the cat)
All the sites I frequent with text are still unchanged. The background of a website is locked in and can't be changed it seems.
Things I've tried so far...seen the optomotrist who said computer glasses are a complete gimmick...followed up with a hard sell on antiglare prescription glasses which is about the time I walked.
I found out this laptop AND my Toshiba at work are both locked at 60mhz and apparently there are higher refresh rates available which lessen eye strain.
Something that's helped a small amount is covering the screen with a tinted privacy filter (Nextec, The Source)
The sceen still makes my eyes hurt.
I'm ready to try some computer glasses but it'll be a few more days till I can obtain some good ones.
Next & last resort is kicking this thing to the curb!
Really not sure how much more "change" this tired brain is up for.
Thanks for the ideas everyone...have tried everything suggested (limited to what settings this computer has)
Craig Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote