Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
magoozi

Default The last Nick Alexander swappmeet

We are having the last Nick Alexander swappmeet Dec. 11th from 9am. to 3pm., I purchased the last of Nick's leftover parts and will be selling them at resonable prices, I am also helping Nick sell off his left over project cars and some of his restored cars will be for sale also.
We only have room for twenty vendors inside the building and in the court yard, we can't have vendors on the street because the city complained , so if you are interested in being a vendor, send me a p.m. or e-mail me at lifterscc@hotmail,com or call me at 619 573 2637 , the adress is 6000 alemeda , Huntington Park Ca. the building is located on the corner of alemeda and randolph. No bar-be-que this year, but there is plenty of places to eat on slosan, I recomend Norm's for breakfast. Only original early V8 and vintage hot rod parts allowed, no repo parts or car related stuff allowed, Due to the limited space, only p.u. are alowed in the swapp area, no r.v's or traliers
magoozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
magoozi

Default Re: The last Nick Alexander swappmeet

Well the seller spots are going fast, so I'll be going up today to try to squeeze some more spots, so please contact me if you want a spot to sell.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
magoozi

Well it looks like we will be able to squeeze in thirty sellers, and I have had a good response, It seems like alot of the good hobby swappmeets have been dying out, it's up to us to keep them going. A lot of the swappmeets these days don't even have early parts, all you see is tools, hot wheels, and car wax, shure you have the internet and e-bay, but alot of the fun of going to a swappmeet is the social aspect of it, for it gives us the chance of seeing our car buddies, it seems that the only two worthy swappmeets left are the Big Three and the L.A. Roadster Show. I for one think thats a shame, I really enjoy the little ones that the T, A , and Early V-8 clubs used to do and think they are essential in keeping our hobby alive.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #4
magoozi

I want to thank everyone that showed up, we all had a great time, we are dropping the prices on the country squire wagons and their is still alot of good parts available, you can contact me at 619 573 2637 thanks Miguel.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
BrianCT

Any pictures of the event?
Old 12-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
Fred A

Default Not Prepared?

I was not expecting the swap to be as great as it was. I need rear axle housings for my '47 since the bearing races are worn. Think I saw a few, some needing work, but some not. Would not turn down a complete unit, but need to do my homework. Miguel did a great job keeping the event going. As is a sign of the times, it is not likely to sell if priced at all high. Long Beach was the same daly, but worth skipping in this case. Thanks: Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:55 PM   #7
1oldtimer

It was great meeting you Miguel, if you need the '36 part let me know.
Dan (I was the one taking about the frame in the corner).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nick 1a.jpg (67.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg nick 2a.jpg (66.6 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg nick 3a.jpg (61.4 KB, 33 views)
1oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #8
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

I need to email Nick or call him. I talk to him at Aurburn but he was busy with the 3 window at the time. He was going to help me with my roof on my 33. [email protected]
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote