Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-21-2014, 12:35 AM   #1
montanafordman

Default Surfing swap meets

I went to a swap meet today and had one thing in mind that I really wanted to find (A windshield frame top appropriate for a vacuum wiper since mine has holes for an electric wiper). Anyway I did not find what I'm looking for but there was a decent assortment of other model A goodies around. Needing to exercise some budget restraint I passed on a lot of things that would be nice to have since I'm trying to repress that inner hoarder that most Model A'ers develop when it comes to parts. What I'm getting at is I have the feeling that when the time comes that I really need that windshield frame piece I'm gonna seek one out online or pound hard to find it quick and spend way too much, only to find another one after the fact for dirt cheap? (probably in better condition). Also I'm inevitably going to need some of those parts I found all over today but passed on and they will be nowhere to be found later, or will be found again at 2-3X the price. It just seems like that's the circle of life in the Model A universe when you're trying to find original parts. What a great hobby though.

I also can't help but feel nostalgic for my grandpa when I go to swap meets. I've had a few memories at least going to farm auctions and sales with him, probably a swap meet or two. He was also a smoker up until a few years before he died and swap meets are still one of the few public places you'll inevitably be near enough to someone smoking to catch a whiff of it. Anyway made me think of him and those carefree summer days when I was little and we'd go out for such an occasion. Now I have his car and I'm still looking. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for but I scored a few other goodies and enjoyed the day.

Last edited by montanafordman; 09-21-2014 at 12:55 AM.
montanafordman is offline   Reply With Quote