Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-03-2014, 11:40 PM   #1
Bruce Newbery

Default business coupe vs sports coupe

I am still building my 1929 business coupe and I have some questions. My car started with a rusty subframe and one rear door post full length and one cut off at the side panel height. I had a 29 tudor which was a donor for my needed rear door post. I was able to exactly modify the post to fit. My header strip over the door was missing so I can use the tudor ones. although they are the same length I think I will need to drill new holes to make it work .I looked at a 29 sports coupe in my area and it had the roof material brought down under the wood header and nailed and pinched under the door opening header strips that hold the rubber stop bumpers in place Is that correct? To me it does not look right.
In volume 5 of the restorer books page 63,1928-29 sports coupe it shows a metal finish trim strip in the upper left picture. Is the 29 sports coupe the same in that area. If possible I would like to get some pictures of that area with the door open so I can see how it is done I have looked at NRCECCAMPS photo bucket 28 sports coupe and it shows that strip. I also have both of those strips ..If I have to put that strip in I need details of where exactly does it fit so I can drill the holes before I paint.
Thanks in advance.
Bruce Newbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:56 AM   #2
50B

Default Re: business coupe vs sports coupe

Please drop the S on sports coupe = to be correct it is a SPORT COUPE.
I'm a owner of a 1930 SPORT COUPE for 53 years. That is what a 50B is.
50B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #3
PO51

Default Re: business coupe vs sports coupe

Bruce, Take a look at B.Terry's site www.model-a-ford.com he has some great pictures of a restoration of a 1929 Business Coupe. Some of your questions may be answered.
PO51 is offline   Reply With Quote