Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #1
Tim Armstrong

Default Great auto transporter.

Bills Auto Works in Wakeman, Ohio just delivered my 1928 Model A roadster. Great transporter. He kept me informed from pickup until delivery. Neat clean, on time and great equipment. If you need transport give him a call. 216 832 8697. Thanks Bill.

Last edited by Tim Armstrong; 11-26-2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: adding
Tim Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #2
Manifold

Default Re: Great auto transporter.

Tried to post a long time ago but it did not work . Bill got my 52 ford pickup from n.c.to n.y. In no time and he did a great job treats it like his own..If you need anything moved Bill is the man to do it . Thanks again bill.
JOHN.

Last edited by Manifold; 06-12-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Manifold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #3
130driver

I just picked up a 33 Ford that Bill transported. It is the 3rd car Bill has hauled for me and I will not use anyone else. He is timely, ensures you are aware of his progress and treats anything he is hauling as if he owned it himself. When I came to pick it up, he assisted me in getting it onto my trailer. Great guy, great prices and great service. Give him a call if you need something hauled.

Last edited by 130driver; 08-04-2014 at 08:14 AM.
130driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #4
FrankWest

Bill delivered a model b ford engine and transmission. Fantastic!
It is a rare thing to meet a true gentleman a nobleman. Bill provides care for anything he handles. He treats things like they are his most valuable possessions.
I will use him in the future for any cars i need moved. I never met anyone like him.
He handles the items he moves as though they are his own mothers prize possessions. Bill reminds me of stories you hear of people that are stranded and a mysterious stranger appears out of nowhere solves their problems and then vanishes.
He is the guardian angel of transporters of automobiles and parts!
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #5
Tim Armstrong

Bills transport and my 28 roadster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 073 (640x480).jpg (205.7 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg 074 (640x480).jpg (204.5 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg 071 (640x480).jpg (217.6 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg 072 (640x480).jpg (199.9 KB, 151 views)
Tim Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #6
wisbangman

I went through a nightmare getting my 1939 from Linden N.J. to Oskosh Wi. I screwed around 7 weeks with 3 different shippers, one recomended from A car guy relative ! I finally begged a buddy to take his truck and trailer with me to New Jersey to get it. That was 3 years ago. If this Bill is like this, you all better write his name down in BIG letters, for the day you need a transporter.....P.S.....There are probably more than 50 people advertising to transport your car, but what do you know about them ?
wisbangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:38 AM   #7
Mike B

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbangman View Post
I went through a nightmare getting my 1939 from Linden N.J. to Oskosh Wi. I screwed around 7 weeks with 3 different shippers, one recomended from A car guy relative ! I finally begged a buddy to take his truck and trailer with me to New Jersey to get it. That was 3 years ago. If this Bill is like this, you all better write his name down in BIG letters, for the day you need a transporter.....P.S.....There are probably more than 50 people advertising to transport your car, but what do you know about them ?
Read it wrong

Last edited by Mike B; 11-27-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
BlueSunoco

Appreciate posts like this thank you Tim, have the man on file now.
BlueSunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:44 PM   #9
ckulchar

Thanks, it was through the Ford Barn I discovered Bill's Auto Works in Wakeman Ohio. He just hauled our 1909 two cylinder Buick enclosed about 2200 miles. As everybody who had previously hired him raved. He didn't disappoint. Excellent communication, professional rig, and honest time frame. Made a new friend and hope you have the privilege to conduct business with him. A individual who takes pride in his work. Bill Squires the only name in transporting you need to know! Thank you.
ckulchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #10
countrysquire

I will have to voice a complaint about Bill here. When he delivered a non-running car to me a few months ago (along with nearly 20 boxes of parts!), he missed his predicted delivery time by almost 10 minutes. What poor service...

Seriously, Bill is always my first call when I need a car moved. Anyone who has used him will tell you how trustworthy he is, and this is important when you see how much of the car transport business has been taken over by...uh...others.
countrysquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:13 AM   #11
barnfind

I recommend doing a Google - seems someone in Spokane WA had a very negative experience due to hail damage and lack of insurance. At least some food for thought with whoever you deal with.
barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:23 PM   #12
Bill's Auto Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfind View Post
I recommend doing a Google - seems someone in Spokane WA had a very negative experience due to hail damage and lack of insurance. At least some food for thought with whoever you deal with.
Yes Sir that is out there on the internet, but you should look at whos' site it is on. It is on a site of a transporter who is very jealous of my equipment, business success & relationships with my customers & he is the only one that can post on that site, so you can imagine the validity of it. Only about 50% of that post is factual, the rest is half truths, misquotes & outright lies.
This "Act of God" hailstorm is the only time in 32 years & almost 3 million transport miles that ANYONE has had to file an insurance claim!
Anyone that would like the true story about that terrible day is welcome to P.M. me & I will give them the actual truth. I have no reason to lie about it as my business is well regarded all over the world.

Funny..This same guy copied this post to his Mickey Mouse little web site & added a few more lies about my business & even included my address. this just adds to his jealousy because he is homeless & does not have an address!
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works

1955 Chevy Altered W.B. Gasser
1955 Nash Amb. Cust. Lemans
1957 Pontiac Chieftain 2 DR HT
1964 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 DR HT
1966 Pontiac Catalina Conv
1966 AMC Ambassador DPL 2 DR HT
1966 AMC Ambassador Cust 2DR HT
1967 AMC Marlin
1967 Toronado
1973 Chevy Nova Full Chassis Car
1992 Jag XJS Conv
1992 Jag XJS 2 DR Coupe
2007 Cadillac XLR-V Supercharged Roadster

Last edited by Bill's Auto Works; 02-16-2016 at 05:51 PM.
Bill's Auto Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:44 PM   #13
klawockvet

Both Bill and Rick Powell are stand up guys who will do a great job and will refer to other trustworthy people if they can't serve your needs in your time frame. I have used both, as well as others and will always wait around for one of them.
klawockvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:39 PM   #14
39topless

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfind View Post
So what was the real purpose of your post?
39topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 05:03 PM   #15
barnfind

Do the Google for yourself - I don't have an opinion one way or the other but I ALWAYS use the internet search tools to check recommendations. The site where the info is posted has excellent references on many forums and I haven't shipped a car other than the big name big buck big truck companies.

The food for thought? Verify the insurance the transporter has and what damages are covered before you ship.
barnfind is offline   Reply With Quote