Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #61
Vic Piano

Default Re: 2012 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dates

Tony, I wish you could make it to the Bash, maybe next year... Thanks for your donation to the raffle (whatever it is), I appreciate your support. Vic
Old 03-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #62
JM 35 Sedan

Vic, you need to get up to Tony's place and see his new garage. An amazingly nice setup to say the least. I accused him of designing the plans so his garage is at least one square foot larger than yours. However, the one and only thing I could find missing is a big wooden cigar store Indian like the one you have . I think he may be frantically looking for one though and he is hopeful that he can find one before you arrive . A really nice setup that he has some great future plans for no kidding about that! I am seriously thinking about begging my wife when i get back home to let me have one built that's at least one square foot larger than Tony's garage

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #63
Vic Piano

John, I could never compete with Tony... but I do owe him a visit. Steve just emailed me with a good idea for those "Barner's" that will be in Ocala on Friday. The NPD tour starts at 2:00pm so Steve suggested that we all meet at either the Cracker Barrel or Sonny's BBQ near the Don Garlits Museum at Noon, for lunch... Sounds like a plan, we just have to choose which restaurant so, lets take a vote... Let me know.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #64
JM 35 Sedan

Vic, that does sound like a good plan. My vote would be for Sonny's. I love good southern pulled pork BBQ. The best southern BBQ I can ever remember having was in Macon, GA when my son and I came down to see the Allman Brothers at Gabba Fest. Maybe Sonny's will be just as good. I arrived here in Ocala at ~ 8:00 pm. Going out for some dinner now. Will call you in the AM.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-12-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #65
Vic Piano

John, I hope you had BBQ at Sonny's last night because you've been out voted... We'll all be meeting at the Cracker Barrel for lunch on Friday however; you'll have a chance to taste the absolute best BBQ in Florida on Sunday at Fred Howard Park as Mr. Moose will be serving up his ribs, etc.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #66
JM 35 Sedan

That's OK Vic. At my age I'm use to being out voted . I can easily switch gears to having some biscuits and gravy with a couple cups of coffee while looking at all those old pictures and tools hanging around on the walls. I'll also be first in line for some of Jeff's BBQ ribs at the park .

Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 AM   #67
TomT/Williamsburg

Hey John, hopefully we can meet up for dinner on Thursday eve? Maybe we can hit that BBQ place then? We'll have just driven 12 hours to get there but we're always up for "cruisin da bulevaaard".

See you Tousyday ...
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #68
JM 35 Sedan

Tom, we could do that if you two are up for it after that long drive down. I changed Hotel's here at Ocala this morning. Will not be staying at the Day's Inn as previously planned because of a few seemingly insurmountable problems I encounter there. I'm at the Ho Jo's now which is only a stones through away from the Day's Inn. Much much nicer place with a swimming pool, restaurant, gym, tons of parking for tow rigs, and many other perks too numerous to mention here. Give me a call when you get close to Ocala.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #69
TomT/Williamsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Tom, we could do that if you two are up for it after that long drive down. I changed Hotel's here at Ocala this morning. Will not be staying at the Day's Inn as previously planned because of a few insurma problems I encounter there. I'm at the Ho Jo's now which is only a stones through away from the Day's Inn. Much much nicer place with a swimming pool, restaurant, gym, tons of parking for tow rigs, and many other perks too numerous to mention.
John,

What kind of problems and is it too late to cancel the Days Inn? no parking for tow rogs I would venture to guess (or they didn't like it there)?

Tom
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #70
JM 35 Sedan

Tom, I'll send you a pm.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #71
Vic Piano

Like the Jimmy Buffet Song Says… The weather’s here… Wish you were beautiful… Just three more days...
Old 03-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #72
VeryTangled

Hi Everyone, Just posting for the informational value:

Cracker Barrel
13561 SW 17th Court
Ocala, FL 34473-9035
I-75 & State Route 484
Exit 341
(352) 307-7222

It looks like it's a whopping 1/2 mile from the Garlits Museum.

-VeryTangled/Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (76.1 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by VeryTangled; 03-14-2012 at 06:39 AM. Reason: spelling
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #73
chuck stevens

Thanks Jeff, the picture really helps, see you Friday noon, Chuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone, Just posting for the informationalvalue:

Cracker Barrel
13561 SW 17th Court
Ocala, FL 34473-9035
I-75 & State Route 484
Exit 341
(352) 307-7222

It looks like it's a whopping 1/2 mile from the Garlits Museum.

-VeryTangled/Jeff
chuck stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #74
ken ct
BANNED

Hi Harry and Jeff,hey your father gets top billing here.Glad you had a safe trip and are having a good time.Wish i could have made it this yr but not in the bank account.Will be at Hiawassie area for 3 weeks in June hopeing to see you then,take care of the older gent hes a pressious commodity. ken + peg . Shes not comming to Hiawassie she dont want to spend almost 4 weeks living in a small camper with no shower.She knows that can be got around that with friends like you guys. Oh well she needs the vacation from me. Ill have a friend with me from Fl. whose a MC nut like me,so i'll have some help with everything [unloading and loading up everything its getting harder and harder to get everything set up now a days. Have a good time ken ct. [SORRY HENRY] my mind is slipping lately.

Last edited by ken ct; 03-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #75
JM 35 Sedan

Jeff, thanks so much for the C.B. address. I'll plug that into my GPS and maybe cruise on over by there today in my travels in and around Ocala. Talked to Reds this am and he is having a great time on a MC with his group. Will see both of you Friday at 12:00 noon. Will meet up with Tom T. and his friend for dinner at Sonny's Thursday night. I knew I would somehow some way have to get to Sonny's for some BBQ since getting outvoted to eat there on Friday . I am waiting for a call now from Bill W. Not sure what's happening with him and LeAnn yet about their trip down.

Hi Chuck, hope to see you and Kathy at the C.B. on Friday. Let me know if you two will be in the Ocala area on Thursday. If, so you could join us for dinner if you like BBQ and if not maybe you could suggest a better place to dine .

Also, anyone else attending the Barner's Bash, and planning to be in the Ocala area on Thursday evening, please let us know with a response here or a pm. Likewise, you are also welcome to join us for dinner.

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-14-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 AM   #76
Vic Piano

Just one more day... Looking forward to seeing everyone. Vic
Old 03-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #77
chuck stevens

John,
Kathie and I are just down the road (I-75) in Webster, so we'll see for lunch Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
Jeff, thanks so much for the C.B. address. I'll plug that into my GPS and maybe cruise on over by there today in my travels in and around Ocala. Talked to Reds this am and he is having a great time on a MC with his group. Will see both of you Friday at 12:00 noon. Will meet up with Tom T. and his friend for dinner at Sonny's Thursday night. I knew I would somehow some way have to get to Sonny's for some BBQ since getting outvoted to eat there on Friday . I am waiting for a call now from Bill W. Not sure what's happening with him and LeAnn yet about their trip down.

Hi Chuck, hope to see you and Kathy at the C.B. on Friday. Let me know if you two will be in the Ocala area on Thursday. If, so you could join us for dinner if you like BBQ and if not maybe you could suggest a better place to dine .

Also, anyone else attending the Barner's Bash, and planning to be in the Ocala area on Thursday evening, please let us know with a response here or a pm. Likewise, you are also welcome to join us for dinner.
chuck stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #78
Vic Piano

I had a nice visit today from Marcus and Margretha, they stopped by on their way up to Ocala for the “Barner’s Bash”…

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Vic
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #79
Pete Fl/Wi

Vic, I will be heading up North tomorrow and hope to join in on the lunch at Cracker Barrel. If 75 is crazy I will be a NPD at 2 pm.
Pete
Pete Fl/Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #80
JM 35 Sedan

This is the big day folks!! Hope to see a bunch of you at the Cracker Barrel near the Garlits Museum at 12:00 noon for the kick off of this years Barner's Bash!!

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 03-16-2012 at 10:57 AM.