Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #1
hotrodcbx

Default Good chrome in Florida

I have a number of parts for my 33 Ford needing chrome work. I will be heading to SW Florida for the winter, can any of the Florida Barners suggest a good chrome shop in SW Florida?? Thanks for any suggestions....
hotrodcbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
19Fordy

Default Re: Good chrome in Florida

Here's some info. I have heard good things about the fellow in Bunnell, FL
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...ion-in-fl.html
Also, call Harbor Restorations and ask who does their work. Harbor restores high dollar vehicles and has been around for many years.
Harbor Auto Restoration
www.harbor-auto.com/
A family business in Florida.Specializing in full frame off automobile restoration. We can restore any vehicle prior to 1975 back to perfection.1000's of awards ...
2121 U.S. 1, Rockledge, FL 32955
(321) 633-3227

Last edited by 19Fordy; 11-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
rockfla

If I'm not mistaken, the fellow in Bunnell takes his stuff to either a shop in Daytona or to Space Coast. I have heard several people who have used Space Coast plating (which is who Harbor may use?) and seen some of their work. The stuff I saw was nice work, most feedback I have heard from them has been good, all other feedback was average. I (WE) have never used them so.......????? Maybe others here on the Barn can speak to their work.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:35 PM   #4
FL&WVMIKE

There is a place in Melborne, Florida (East Coast). Is that Space Coast Plating ?
They used to have a pick-up and drop-off location, at one of the motorcycle shops (Crank & Chrome), in Daytona, but no more.
They do good work.
MIKE (mikeburch)
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
rockfla

Yes, Mike, I believe that's the same place. I know the fellow in Bunnell spoke of in an earlier post took his stuff to the motor cycle shop, thus Space Coast did the work. In that case we have had some smaller items plated by them and they did good work.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #6
rockfla

HOTRODCBX
I guess we haven't answered your question. There are only two chrome plater's (as far as "show chrome") that I have heard of, neither of which are very convenient to South West Florida. Space Coast (if they are still in business) is East Coast-Central part of the state around Melborne Fl. which at some point would require a 5o/60 mile eastward trip either at I-10 to Jacksonville then south on I-95 or further down 75 to the Florida turnpike then east around Orlando toward Melbone (which I highly recommend avoiding that whole traffic mess) The other is in Tallahassee Fl. which would require a west bound trip on I 10 for about an hour to hour and a half as you come down 1-75. That's all that I know of.....???? maybe a call to Skip Haney (coil guy) he lives there in south west florida and maybe he could tell you if there is anyone down there???
Old 11-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
hotrodcbx

Thanks for the input Barners. I think I'll drop off my parts to Custom chrome in Cleveland Ohio. Its out of my way from Canada but they do great work. Its worth the extra 2 hour drive. Thanks Again..
hotrodcbx is offline   Reply With Quote