Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
Stan/MO.

Thumbs up New Logo

Ryan,
The new logo is cool.... I'm not really a Ford man ( don't tell the other guys ) but the model A sure gives me a new appreciation for the blue oval. the last model A I owned, about 40 yrs. ago had a 57 chrysler hemi in it. Congratulations on a great job.

Stan/MO.
Stan/MO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
Cool Hand Lurker

Default Re: New Logo

There are a lot of good new things on the New Ford Barn but I am disappointed that the old Fordbarn logo got trashed. That's a downer. Kind of like taking a Model A coupe and trading it in on a Ford Expedition. Not much of a connection to the old Fordbarn is left. The King is dead, long live the King.
Cool Hand Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
29RPU

Ya, I agree.

As a graphic designer, I actually offered to work up a logo with just that in mind, keeping some of the original feeling and just keep it current with the new look. I'm sure this logo was already well in the works, but I never heard from Ryan. I don't think the new logo is as good as the amount of time that surely went into it, but kudos on the entire site. This is a big improvement over the old I have to say.
29RPU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Lurker View Post
There are a lot of good new things on the New Ford Barn but I am disappointed that the old Fordbarn logo got trashed. That's a downer. Kind of like taking a Model A coupe and trading it in on a Ford Expedition. Not much of a connection to the old Fordbarn is left. The King is dead, long live the King.

I agree (when it was still up) I even the miss the little icon on the address line in explorer.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #5
Bruce

I see touches of the Ford "script" in the BARN part of the new logo. Those four letters pay hommage to the old. And there is a kiss of a mid-'50's F-1 mascot in the shield. All in, I think the new Ford Barn logo gets PD fordy without straying into that area that might result in a CEASE and DESIST order from Ford's public relations attornies. Humbly, I'd say the old barn logo is dead, long live the new barn.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Boston Bruce

I really like the new logo.
Boston Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Ryan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29RPU View Post
Ya, I agree.

As a graphic designer, I actually offered to work up a logo with just that in mind, keeping some of the original feeling and just keep it current with the new look. I'm sure this logo was already well in the works, but I never heard from Ryan. I don't think the new logo is as good as the amount of time that surely went into it, but kudos on the entire site. This is a big improvement over the old I have to say.
Sorry man, I've been incredibly busy helping folks use the site and fixing bugs here and there. I got your pm and failed to reply. My fault.

As for the new logo, I'm biased... I really like it. Obviously. And it got the OK from Shelly... That's all I needed.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #8
tamagrouchy

I also like it. New logo, new Fordbarn! For me the ONLY problem is that I am on it too often. (but it still looks like I'm working) Great job Ryan! Harry K
tamagrouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
Ross/Kzoo

Logos are expensive. A number of years ago the electric utility that I worked for paid over million for a new logo. It had the company name with just half of an oval around it. Funny thing was about 2 years earlier the telephone company had purchased a new logo with the name surrounded with the other half of the oval. The talk around our was that we got their leftovers.
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote